• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Hello. I am considering doing 2-3 themes for Wordpress over the coming months, but I did notice there is quite a bit of variance on the prices of the themes.

I just wondered what sort of features would increase the price for a Wordpress template? What I mean is in a site template, adding in jQuery UI elements, more pages, contact forms etc up the price, I just wondered what the things were for Wordpress.

Anyone have any sort of rough guide?

2440 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

One thing I’m sure matters is a rock-solid, useful theme options page.

242 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
ATLChris says

Unfortunately the reviewers wont tell us what features come in at what price points. I have asked. I would say defiantly have an admin options panel for your theme or it wont even get accepted! Also, Widget support I know first had factors into the price.

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Hi guys, overall design, theme options, custom widgets, contact forms, all taken into consideration.

We did accept theme without theme options, but you need to provide something that really good in term of design and functionality ( at least it is easy to setup ). You need to consider to compete with other nice looking and advance themes here when you choose not to provide theme options.

960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Thanks for that. I’m now thinking my WordPress know-how needs a bit more practice before being let loose on a theme.

I think I might just create two new HTML themes and home they both sell like hot-cakes lol.

67 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
Headset says

I’d say that author’s popularity counts :) it sounds logic that if you’re a good seller your theme would cost $5+ more than the average.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
I’d say that author’s popularity counts :) it sounds logic that if you’re a good seller your theme would cost $5+ more than the average.

Meh, I honestly don’t think this plays a big role.

Instead of saying that a theme is priced highly based on the author’s popularity, it’s more logical to make the assumption that the reason that they are popular authors is because their work is higher quality (which would explain the price difference). ;)

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says
Instead of saying that a theme is priced highly based on the author’s popularity, it’s more logical to make the assumption that the reason that they are popular authors is because their work is higher quality (which would explain the price difference). ;)

Absolutely.

537 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
Hein says
Absolutely.

Sorry to say this but this is not exactly true, sometimes it helps when your a popular author or not, look at kriesi his latest theme Display 3 in 1.

This theme has nothing more to offer then the most themes out here and it was priced at 40 from the beginning, so it sure helps when a author is popular and a good seller, this way themeforest and the author is benefiting from it.

Nothing wrong with that but please don’t tell different.

67 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
Headset says
Absolutely.

Sorry to say this but this is not exactly true, sometimes it helps when your a popular author or not, look at kriesi his latest theme Display 3 in 1.

This theme has nothing more to offer then the most themes out here and it was priced at 40 from the beginning, so it sure helps when a author is popular and a good seller, this way themeforest and the author is benefiting from it.

Nothing wrong with that but please don’t tell different.

+1 and I have nothing against it. Is a good business ^^ is a just a fact.

by
by
by
by
by
by