41 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
capmaticenvato says

hi everyone, i was very dissapointed when i was at a conference meeting for promotion and branding in the fashion industry. And the reason is cause the seminar speech person was mentioning that Wordpress will shutdown in 3 years maximum. What the hell… Is this true?????

please if anyone in the field that knows about wordpress to answer this post. Highly appreciated

And not only that, the speech person was mentioning that it is very easy to hack.

Post your comments please

280 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
cosmincotor says

Haven’t seen anything related to this, and don’t think it will just disappear in the next 3 years.

When it comes to security it’s a pretty secure platform, but it also depends on your theme and how you set it up, obviously if you make a mistake it’s going to cost you dearly.

Just my opinion :)

ProgressionStudios
ProgressionStudios Recent Posts
Threads Started
221 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United States
+4 more
ProgressionStudios says
Watch the State of the Word 2012 if you want more accurate information and statistics on the current state of WordPress:
http://wordpress.tv/2012/08/06/matt-mullenweg-state-of-the-word-2012/

WordPress is doing better than ever. Sounds like you had a biased and/or uneducated speaker.

41 posts
  • Canada
capmaticenvato says

Tnx ProgressionStudios & cosmincotor

1091 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
lifwanian says

Things on the web change alot. And quickly too. The reason WordPress is so great though is because they have a kickass update community which gets great security and the newest features.

In 3 years it may be completely different, but the way I see it, it’ll still be the best CMS .

41 posts
  • Canada
capmaticenvato says

okay lets say something happens then, what about the templates that we buy in wp, i mean to get this clear will the sites not work in the future or its just about features and updates that will not continue.?

1091 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
lifwanian says

They won’t be shutting it down. That’s for sure. The worst case, and I mean worst, is they stop with the updates and everything stays where it currently is.

Or someone blows up the internet. But then I don’t think WordPress would matter anyways :P

382 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

Hi,

like lifwanian said I think the worst case scenario is that they just stop with development and at some point it just stops evolving and stays like it is. And that doesn’t mean it’s dead, well at least not for some more time anyway. And your sites would still work.

24 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Theme-Titans says

Wordpress is a huge community, even if they decide to stop the development someone else in the community will keep doing updates.

41 posts
  • Canada
capmaticenvato says

thank you very much for the posts, and really appreciate the time you took for responding ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by