3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Truleand says

I’m looking for an experienced WordPress coder to:

1. Create a WordPress compatible pop up window. The pop up should:
  1. Lock out page functionality behind the popup;
  2. Follow the user up and down the page, staying centered;
  3. re-center itself whenever the screen size changes, device rotated, or onclick event is fired;
  4. use cookies to remember users who already signed in (via facebook/twitter login)
  5. only appear on a certain URL (static page);
  6. work with all modern web browsers (IE 10, Firefox, Chrome);
  7. close once a user has signed in;
  8. only appear if a user/ someone is not logged in.

There is an example on http://www.maedchenflohmarkt.de/ which EXACTLY fulfills the desired funtionality.

Note: I’ve already installed a facebook/twitter login plugin. You will only have to create the pop up and insert later the facebook/twitter login plug in.

230 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
phpdude says

I think there is already a plugin on here that does that, I think it’s called social pop, but I think it’s tweets too rather than just logs in, but I’m sure it would be a good start.

Also, it’s worth noting, something like this can be easily disabled via Firebug or similar (right click on the element -> inspect element -> delete) and voila, it’s gone.

3 posts
Truleand says

Already found that plugin, but as I’m absolutely not familiar with any coding, I thought I rather ask an expert to create a new one/ modify the social pop plugin.

I didn’t know that it’s possible to hide the pop up, thanks for that, but I just assume that most people don’t know how to hide it as well.

3 posts
Truleand says

Found a solution.

by
by
by
by
by
by