177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

I’m curious – many of the developers are including some sort of dynamic color picker/layout selector in their demos to help you choose colors and layouts on the fly.

Really cool – but I’m wondering do you really think this increases their sales by much?

If you have two equally impressive sites and one has this option but the other does not – do you think the developer utilizing this tool will far outsell the other?

303 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+7 more
ThemeGoods says

For me anything which will help buyer easier to customize with their site then it’s good to add. (Yes it means less questions for after sell support)

But will it outsell others because of this feature? hmm… I don’t think so because at the end of the day buyer bought theme because of many reasons ex. great design, options, meet their required features etc.

177 posts
stylus1274 says

Great point about support – I didn’t think of that. That alone is worth it I think.

Thanks for the input.

303 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+7 more
ThemeGoods says

Great point about support – I didn’t think of that. That alone is worth it I think. Thanks for the input.

You are welcome ;)

381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
redfactory says

I think it does influence the sales. Most buyers want to change the colors to make it suit their business. Including a color picker, background changer etc will help him/her do just that. A lot of buyers have no idea how to edit the css to make it all happen.

Also, including a colorpicker is really easy to do, so why not ;)

1028 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Really cool – but I’m wondering do you really think this increases their sales by much?

If you’re talking about the WordPress category, buyers love all this stuff. The more options and dynamic elements, the more sales. I used to think that limited options and easier to edit coded theme files were the answer before, but after dealing with so many people in customer support, I realized that the average buyer just wants everything in the admin panel…

So, if you can tell them, “Unlimited Skins, infinite possibilities!” they love it. First, you get all the people that would have bought your theme anyway with the 6 color variations, then you get more buyers that like the unlimited colors. Each feature you add and advertise has potential to get another buyer. I don’t think a lot of buyers look and say “this theme has too many features, I’m not going to buy.” So more is better it seems in the WordPress category :-)

252 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

i think that stylus1274 is talking about color picker/layout selector panels in wordpress theme live previews, not into the admin panel…

is there a tutorial for building theese panels (in live previews) ?

204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
r0nka says
177 posts
stylus1274 says

Enova you are correct – I’m not referring to the admin panel. Of course in the backend you want as many choices as possible.

I’m strictly talking front end and the demo. Changing colors on the fly is nice but how much affect does it really have?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
pixeljoy says

i think that stylus1274 is talking about color picker/layout selector panels in wordpress theme live previews, not into the admin panel…

is there a tutorial for building theese panels (in live previews) ?

Hi,

I can’t find an answer to this question in other topics, so can anyone answer? I need that info too :)

by
by
by
by
by
by