132 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TigerModules says

Another theme company (RocketTheme – I dont know if I can say there name) has a thing called RocketLauncher which is the WordPress default installer however there theme, required plugins and demo content is already configured.

So when you install WordPress you are installing the theme, demo and plugins with the demo content.

If only we could do something like that here.

38 posts Stay hungry, stay foolish
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
pixelthrone says

The response Iman got from Support is of course correct:

Unfortunately, authors may not offer free or bonus items or services outside of the main download package on the Marketplaces, nor promote free items or services anywhere on the Marketplaces.

Support is classified as an opt-in option and is not considered a promotional service.

Can you show me where that rule is written?

38 posts Stay hungry, stay foolish
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
pixelthrone says

It seems to me that creating a theme where I offer 1000+ things is fine. But doing an content demo import that takes 1 min, is no longer accepted.

Honestly I do not know what to say … :(

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

I really don’t care if people install themes, offer free customizations, etc. I just think that you should not be allowed to advertise these type of services together with the theme.

1336 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I really don’t care if people install themes, offer free customizations, etc. I just think that you should not be allowed to advertise these type of services together with the theme.

This is mostly what I opened this thread about, perhaps I could have worded this better.

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I advertise PRO support, meaning theme usage only, sometimes bugfixing install issues, no other services advertised, you can check my support tab for my items. (mostly install issues with Joomla quickstarts)

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
+5 more
Pirenko says

This is mostly what I opened this thread about, perhaps I could have worded this better.
I think you have worded it properly :)

I advertise PRO support, meaning theme usage only, sometimes bugfixing install issues, no other services advertised, you can check my support tab for my items. (mostly install issues with Joomla quickstarts)
Advertising PRO support is ok (at least for me). The problem sometimes seems to be distinguishing support from the neck massage services that were mentioned before.
1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Advertising PRO support is ok (at least for me). The problem sometimes seems to be distinguishing support from the neck massage services that were mentioned before.

I don’t think my support tab makes it hard to distinguish support from something else such as other services http://themeforest.net/item/antares-any-purpose-template-for-joomla/5549648/support

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
+5 more
Pirenko says

I don’t think my support tab makes it hard to distinguish support from something else such as other services http://themeforest.net/item/antares-any-purpose-template-for-joomla/5549648/support
Yeah… I was saying that I don’t really see any problem with that. If I ruled the world you will have my blessing :D
1351 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Do you mind if I copy it? :D

by
by
by
by
by
by