I am finishing up my theme and have a question for authors, So my theme has multiple blog/portfolio styles that can be chosen from theme options and my question is how do you show all your styles in the demo? I mean how do you have multiple blogs with different styles ( for ex. grid,timeline … ) at the same time ?
Might be a simple solution, but I just can’t figure this one out. Thanks
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Exclusive Author
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Beta Tester
I think the simplest way is to setup a WP MultiSite and create your demo content on them.
- Make a shortocode that shows the blog posts and have an attribute to define the blog layout.
- If you have a page builder, add a block to it, similar to shortcode method.
- Modify the files to allow to check for $_GET[‘som_parameter’] and show the respective blog style based on this parameter.
- Make a page template for each blog style.
- Add a demo metabox to allow to select a blog style for a blog page template.
I use page templates for different styles of blogs or galleries or any other post types..