415 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

Hi,

I am currently developing a Wordpress theme and would like to get some feedback. You can see the theme here: http://radial.premiumcoding.com/

Thank you.

415 posts Code Is Poetry
+8 more
gljivec says

Hi,

Bumping this post, would love to get some feedback on the design, what needs improvements, etc.

Thank you.

268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
beetlesales says

Hi,

Bumping this post, would love to get some feedback on the design, what needs improvements, etc.

Thank you.

I like it. Clean and well structured. Unfortunately, I’ve seen it 1,000,001 times now and it’s time for the saturated market to fill with something new.

In other comments, your logo needs improving and I suggest adding a bit more color to the design.

Good luck!

415 posts Code Is Poetry
+8 more
gljivec says

Thanks for the comments. I made a few steps forward now and the reviewer seem to like it much more now. It still needs a few improvements.

Site is: http://radial.premiumcoding.com/

Comment from reviewer is:

You made a few nice improvements but your file is not ready yet.

1. Your theme has some well design concepts but the typography is still a big issue here, you’ll need to improve the typography before we can move forward.

2. The sidebar will need improvements as well. Try being more consistent with your widgets styling.

I would especially like to hear some suggestions on how to improve the typography.

Thank you for your time,

Ales

152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
seal says

@gljivec

You are lucky you have a reviewer with professional approach!

I would say on the rhs you have too many font sizes and styles, also the recent comments needs attention – the bkg goes under the bkg of the main page, the author text need some space. The twitter section has line-height too big and different from other sections etc.

308 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

Please do me a favor and remove ALL of the pink horizontal borders between elements and make the very bottom footer below the 1px pink line black instead of separating it with the border. I think that improves it an unbelievable amount.

308 posts
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

...Unfortunately, I’ve seen it 1,000,001 times now and it’s time for the saturated market to fill with something new.

Having a good enough design sense to produce something solid that can be applied to many different projects is a skill that takes a long time and a lot of practice to acquire and turn into a dependable profession. Go tell an accountant to jazz up the way he does taxes because you’ve seen the same approach every year.

This is business, authors make the styles that are in demand and therefor a proven income. It’s a website, not a screenplay. It doesn’t have to have a new twist every time.

</troll>

268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
beetlesales says

...Unfortunately, I’ve seen it 1,000,001 times now and it’s time for the saturated market to fill with something new.

Having a good enough design sense to produce something solid that can be applied to many different projects is a skill that takes a long time and a lot of practice to acquire and turn into a dependable profession. Go tell an accountant to jazz up the way he does taxes because you’ve seen the same approach every year.

This is business, authors make the styles that are in demand and therefor a proven income. It’s a website, not a screenplay. It doesn’t have to have a new twist every time.

</troll>

Tell that to car companies and advertising agencies. Eventually, the same old monotony makes people numb to the style.

308 posts
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

The design is good, but he is right, it’s already been done plenty of times. The web themes here are saturated with the same style layouts over and over again. There needs to be something unique within the theme, and I just don’t see that. I wouldn’t purchase the theme. I’d look for something more unique, actually I just purchased a theme 10 minutes ago after browsing through over 25 pages of themes. The theme I picked was unique enough that there wasn’t anything on the site that look remotely similar and it’ll fit my biker accessories landing pages real well.

That may be the case for you but most buyers don’t look through anywhere near that many pages. The vast majority of sales go to the themes on the first half of the first page of recent wordpress themes and the ones on the “popular items” for the week page.

Also, many buyers need a good base to then customize and make unique for that specific company/project. Its better for some to have a solid theme with everything in its usual places and good features than one that is already very unique because they are going to do additional work on it.

56 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
AdrianBotea says

Really nice theme.The only thing that I would add is some more content and less items ( on the front page ) – I am talking about the portfolio/projects. I think it will look better if there will some more “text” and less images in that area.

by
by
by
by
by
by