51 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
AfterLabs says

Hey ArrowSuits,

I like the concept you have, but here’s some suggestions that I believe would help and get the theme approved.

1) Darken the Font. 2) Create a border, or something around the drop down menu. It looks like it flows into the site. 3) On your menu add a shadow. This will make it look like its scrolling into the menu and not apart of it. Personally I would create the bottom of a circle type image for the header on this theme and fade the sides in so you still have the same style. 4) Add the Footer area. Even if its fixed like the top menu it does not have to be long or large. 5) Maybe even box styles or images around the different areas.

I think this would help, and wish you the best. ;)

AfterLabs Studios

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
arrowsuites says

Hey ArrowSuits,

I like the concept you have, but here’s some suggestions that I believe would help and get the theme approved.

1) Darken the Font. 2) Create a border, or something around the drop down menu. It looks like it flows into the site. 3) On your menu add a shadow. This will make it look like its scrolling into the menu and not apart of it. Personally I would create the bottom of a circle type image for the header on this theme and fade the sides in so you still have the same style. 4) Add the Footer area. Even if its fixed like the top menu it does not have to be long or large. 5) Maybe even box styles or images around the different areas.

I think this would help, and wish you the best. ;)

AfterLabs Studios

Thank you for the feedback; these sound like some good suggestions! :)

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
arrowsuites says

AfterLabs, quick question for you:

I actually have a border on the navigation drop-down and a shadow on the menu (the top one) already unless you mean the side one. What browser are you using, maybe there is an issue? I’ve checked all the major browsers but cannot reproduce.

1865 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Just a hunch, are you doing webdesign for many years?

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
arrowsuites says

You mean, have I done it for many years?

Yes (13 yrs). I’m better at coding but I have made a few nice designs in the past.

1865 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Yes (13 yrs). I’m better at coding but I have made a few nice designs in the past.

Yes, I asked because I thought you are doing it for a really long time and 13yrs is quite a long time for a webdesigner. The thing is, you need to brush up on trends. Browse some css galleries and try to absorb as much “new” as possible. Your design is really good but seems like it’s from 8 years ago, at least to me. Just study some hyper new stuff and you will slowly get what I was talking about and will be able to make your designs more in line with the latest trends. Best of luck :)

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
arrowsuites says

Yes, I asked because I thought you are doing it for a really long time and 13yrs is quite a long time for a webdesigner. The thing is, you need to brush up on trends. Browse some css galleries and try to absorb as much “new” as possible. Your design is really good but seems like it’s from 8 years ago, at least to me. Just study some hyper new stuff and you will slowly get what I was talking about and will be able to make your designs more in line with the latest trends. Best of luck :)

Yeah, I suppose it’s a bit from the web 2.0 era. I have gone back to the drawing board and it’s looking nicely already with some simple CSS changes. Thanks for the input!

8 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
orbitalatx says

Hey I saw that your theme got accepted and is selling nicely. Keep up the good work mann.

by
by
by
by
by
by