89 posts
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
dilantha01 says

Where are the themes for plumbers? blacktop contractors? roofers? electricians? etc. I always see “corporate” or lawyer-based themes but never anything for the real small business owners! Someone fulfill this niche and you’ll definitely see a lot of purchases!

If you like to develop new website for you, please send more details to info@twopoint-0.com

309 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Slovakia
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
alchymista says

It is a matter of theme customization … just change logo, some images, add only some menu items, few pages and you have a website what you are talking about – any multi purpose theme could have contact form, small amount of menu items and pages! :)

It is impossible to make website “ready” for every profession.

115 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
goofydadog says

@alchymista Take a look on some of the older giant theme selling websites and you will find loads of non-corporate looking websites themes. Yes you can customize a theme to look big and bold, but the point is there are some great looking themes on here for all niches yet this one seems to be overlooked.

309 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
alchymista says

I do not want to sound that I disagree with the idea.

Maybe this thread will make and idea to all theme producers and they will be producing universal templates as before but now they show them also with many sub-templates (for example for specific profession). The end will be more complex templates with many options – I think this is very good idea. Then, a themes for specific professions could be part of search (for example).

What I don’t think is good at this idea – to make categories only for some specific professions .. because I think this will allow to build a huge amount of very similar and simple themes.

This is just my opinion and maybe I’m wrong.

1377 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

All this issues should be addressed directly to envato support, since they hardly take anything from forums, similar thread’s rain for 3 days and we did not get any official involvement.

Wee need many technical improvements to start creating niche themes, first of them all is new search with advanced filtering which as i saw is being worked on, but i don’t know how long it will stay in dev mode.

Since once theme gets few page deeper it is very hard to find them.

12 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
luxerman says

It is impossible to make website “ready” for every profession.

Why is it possible to create themes for Lawyers and Salons/Spas, but not Contractors? The money is out there… You’re just making excuses. Envato doesn’t have to make a “Category” for contractors. Developers just need to add it as a keyword.

I’ve already made a few sites for contractors so it doesn’t matter to me if someone makes it or not. The whole point of this thread was to give developers an idea and an easy way to make some cash; SINCE NO ONE ELSE is doing it.

Don’t want to do it? Fine. As I’ve already said. The first one to do it will make good money. Argue with me as much as you want.

309 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
alchymista says

@luxerman Please read my post in this thread where I wrote: “I think this is very good idea” and do not take it personally. Of course, that anyone who does something to help lazy people to quickly create the final product will be successful. I still think is impossible (very heavy / complex) to create an independent finished product for each profession. The easiest way is to implement “sub-themes”.

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

@luxerman, can you post a few examples of the type of sites you are talking about. I know the type of business you are referring to when you say “blue collar” but I don’t know any that have particularly good sites that exist out there in the wild. I’d love a few examples.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
elv8 says

I have been searching for car related themes as far as crash repairs, etc. and can’t find many. It would be awesome if there were more ready made themes in specific related industries I could just show to clients as luxerman mentioned. I could literally buy 100x licenses right now to fill these demands from my clients but instead have had to customise current themes or look elsewhere with no future support and a lot of extra money wasted for layout changes. For my current project I have spent a good 20hrs+ already on ThemeForest browsing & analysing different wp themes and have narrowed it down but would so much prefer to just take a related industry theme to my client for quick decision rather than spending hours developing mockups to cater the layout design. Current theme customisations, layout changes and tweaks have already been quoted in the 1k+ mark and I would rather spend this money on other branding products from Envato marketplace but I have been given a budget by my client and need to remain in their boundaries. I know soon someone will jump on the boat and start producing these industry specific themes but I wish they were available now to reduce each of my projects timeframes & cost factor ;)

I think that most of the themes are outstanding by the authors but it would also be great to see authors getting into the conversions side of a layout and seeing the crucial components that convert better in a layout design. Even such as the addition of simple query forms in the slider or header and also on every sub-page. I know this can be added but would be a gem to many having it already there to show to a customer.

12 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
luxerman says

I have been searching for car related themes as far as crash repairs, etc. and can’t find many. It would be awesome if there were more ready made themes in specific related industries I could just show to clients as luxerman mentioned.

Here is a great theme for mechanics/auto repair – http://themeforest.net/item/carpress-wordpress-theme-for-mechanic-workshops/7042577

It’s also a great example as to the number of sales related to JUST AUTO REPAIR. The same thing can be done for other “blue collar” businesses. In fact, that author just needs to add different sliders or imagery to help us target the other businesses. Though, we don’t want to have a portfolio of sites looking all the same; which is why I’d like to see more designs.

by
by
by
by
by
by