1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
petbirdent says

I’m actually having the same problem. I’ve been able to upload with other themes, but for some reason, not with the one I just purchased.

What is this?

I’m looking for some intelligent help here if you are not capable of giving any then bow out!

So far I have found this same problem repeated in this forum numerous times. Is there not one of you that can solve it?
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
kjdesign says

I had the same problem, I then unzipped the original file provided by ThemeForest and noticed there are other files (PSDs, documentation, etc…), that is why I was running into errors when trying to upload the ZIP that was directly downloaded from TF.

Solution: open the downloaded zip file, find the actual theme file, e.g. bolder.1.2.4.zip, this will be the file that WP will accept for uploading.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
jleighphoto says

Okay, I am not a techie, just a photographer trying to create a website. I already have a wordpress blog, I just purchased a new theme with no intention of spending hours trying to figure it out.

how in the world do I upload this theme? Remember, I am really uneducated when it comes to this code stuff.

HELP PLEASE ! praying I didnt waste money.

2301 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Did you download the file? If so unzip and follow the directions included in your instructions. Your theme will reside inside the zip file – you need to unzip first – then read the instructions – no money is wasted here – all theme are of the highest standard and all work – just depends on your level of abilities etc If you don’t have the abilities to install a theme, then it may not of been a good purchase, or you may need to just pay someone to set things up for you – many people here on the forums will help, just ask or like I said ask some people for a price to set things up for you.

Hope that helps

3 posts
sirrens says

Thats not the point.. “If you dont have the know how to upload themes”

Really?

I know how to upload themes just fine, but for some reason the theme I bought here wont..

Failure Notice…

Ive unzipped the theme, read the “how to” doc, found the correct single .zip file to upload and still I get the same error..

Yes, Im using the WP Admin import tool, LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY !

Anyone have any ideas here? Im using godaddy btw

2301 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says
Anyone have any ideas here? Im using godaddy btw

That is no doubt your issue – try unzipping the single zip file and FTP to your wordpress wp-content directory – many many issues with godaddy for many people with wordpress I am afraid. Searching google for issues with wordpress setup and installing themes on godaddy servers will produce quite a few results.

Some of this may help you.

7 posts
xocial says

No matter what I do, I get an error that the stylesheet is missing. There should be clear instructions how to install the King Size – fullscreen background template theme. Please advise as I am running out of ideas (I tried both FTP and WP-Admin with no luck). Thank you.

26 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themecloud says

I have noticed a number of times in this thread the use of the term “upload the zip”..

Do NOT upload the zip file. Unzip all files. You have to upload the theme folder, not the zip.

For example if a theme was called “ThemeABC”.

When you download from themeforest the download may be called something like THEMEABC .zip – Unzip the file and you may have something along the lines of below inside.

-Documentation -PSD -THEMEABC (if this is a zip, unzip it!!).

If the folder is not a zip simply check its contents, if the contents have the following; header.php, footer.php and style.css then UPLOAD that! folder.

If it is zipped, unzip it! and then check the contents.

Upload the folder to wp-content/themes/ folder and enable in the Wordpress Admin Interface.

7 posts
xocial says

Hi themecloud. I downloaded a file called king-size-fullscreen-background-template-.zip. I extracted it. Inside I see a folder called King Size 1.1 by Denoizzed. Inside of that file I see 3 folders called help, psd, and template as well as 3 files called king size 1.0 – legacy.zip, King Size v1.1 changelog.txt, and Read me first.txt.

I uploaded the template folder using ftp, but when I go to WP Admin, I see an error that the stylesheets are missing. Within template folder I found 2 subfolders: AJAX and multipage. Inside of each I see html pages and even a css folder (where stylesheets should be). I tried to upload them separately. Same error about stylesheets. I think I ran various uploads with no change.

So I am not sure what to do now. Please advise. Thank you.

26 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themecloud says

If you open up the theme folder what files are in there? If there is a header.php, footer.php and style.css files then that is the folder you need to upload. If there is not then that folder is incorrect.

Now i am not the theme creator so i do not know the file layout for that template, but i did spot that there is 2 versions available. A HTML one and Wordpress one, it may sound daft but can you confirm you have purchased the right version.

If you have no luck, you can go one of a few routes. A. Screenshot the folder and contents so we can tell what you are looking at. B. Contact the Theme creator who will have the directory knowledge. C. Hire someone to take a look for you.

Best of luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by