26 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
themecloud says

Just another note after re-reading your last post.

Inside the theme directory is there a folder with the template name? if there is that is the folder you need to upload.

377 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • United States
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
GoodLayers says
7 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
xocial says

It looks like none of the files you mentioned are included in my download. I am lost. I purchased it, and it was the only available download. I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions? Thank you.

7 posts
xocial says

I purchased http://themeforest.net/item/king-size-fullscreen-background-template-/148767 and the file that I got does not have any of the files I expect for WordPress. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

7 posts
xocial says

AH! Looks like what I got is not the theme for WP! ARRRGH ! Thank you for your help.

7 posts
xocial says

Ok, I got the correct file for WordPress. However, upon install both MSIE and Safari are unable to load the page fully. MSIE shows the following error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8 .0; Windows NT 5 .1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1 .1.4322; .NET CLR 2 .0.50727; .NET CLR 3 .0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3 .5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8 ; MS-RTC EA 2 ) Timestamp: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:40:26 UTC

Message: Syntax error Line: 27 Char: 21 Code: 0 URI : http://MYDOMAIN.COM

I am not sure that this means. Any ideas? Thank you.

1 post
marabas says

OK. Here’s the EZ solution that worked for me, installing CORE theme using the WPADMIN upload feature. I found the actual theme folder named CORE (or whatever your theme is named) that was 3 levels deep inside subfolders in the zip file. When you find that theme folder that has the actual code ONLY (not the one with the Licensing, Manual and PSD folders), then zip that folder up and then upload that folder thrrough WPADMIN . It works.

HTH . Cheers.

9 posts
TobiBlue says

Great,Now I throughly understand. Thanks Marabas.

1 post
suzanmillar2 says

I purchased the Luxous theme, unzipped the file, found the theme zip file and tried uploading that through WP but it keeps failing to install. I even tried to install through WP on two different hosts just in case it was the server that was causing the problem but it didn’t work.

I also tried to FTP the WP content themes folder as others suggested, but had to upload file by file (it would not accept a folder). This didn’t work. I have wasted 2 days trying to get this theme up and running and I’ve done everything that was suggested in this thread – still NOT working! I uninstalled WP and re- installed it twice. I also contacted the author for help.

I’ve installed many themes and never had a problem until this. There were no installation instructions included with the theme, if it’s that picky to install there really should be.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

3 posts
mleyravaud says

Hi everybody, i have same kind of probleme with theme installation. I tried with 2 different theme. First when i upload theme with filezilla on my hosting it doesn’t work, i can’t manage to find anythind in theme window in WP admin. Then when i upload the HTML folder theme with WP admin there’is error like ” style.css does not have valid header” or it take an hour and then i have error message and it ask me to retry. Does anyone have solution for me please ?

Thanks BR

by
by
by
by
by
by