3681 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

You can read the documentation/help that will be in the download. Technically you only need a text editing program to modify the files or you can download trial versions of something like Dreamweaver from Adobe’s site. These will allow you to easily change the text and if you have photos you can use a free image tool to edit your images and swap them into the images folder.

You will need your own url domain and hosting to upload it to eventually – you can purchase these from GoDaddy or somewhere similar relatively cheaply.

If you are completely new to it then maybe save two versions of the download and try editing the site HTML files and see how you get on and if not try contacting the author of the file or enlisting the help of a freelancer.

Good luck

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
iamacamera says

I’m having these same problems with two Themeforest themes. There doesn’t seem to be any theme file inside the zip file. Just other folders. No way to install them.

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says

Hi iamacamera, do they happen to be WordPress themes?

If so, please follow the steps below, or watch the screencast here.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
sarah_hitlal says

HI I NEED SOME EXPERT HELP PLEASE!

So I bought this theme from theme forest, Universum is the name of the theme. But when trying to upload it to my wordpress site, it fails over and over. I contacted theme forest and tell me to try uploading it through a FTP client which I did and maybe I am getting it wrong, but it doesn’t work at all.

Can you maybe lend a hand ASAP pleasE? Thanks so so much!!

s :)

3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

HI I NEED SOME EXPERT HELP PLEASE!

So I bought this theme from theme forest, Universum is the name of the theme. But when trying to upload it to my wordpress site, it fails over and over. I contacted theme forest and tell me to try uploading it through a FTP client which I did and maybe I am getting it wrong, but it doesn’t work at all.

Can you maybe lend a hand ASAP pleasE? Thanks so so much!!

s :)

Universum is not a WordPress theme so it wont install

4 posts
guimy says

I am French, I am sending you this message translated by Google Translate. Hello I downloaded the theme today I unpacked and installed correctly on the FTP but the theme does not show the header on my website and a blank page I have the name of the theme and a black band blank page. How come he can help me please. Answer me quickly to: guimy872@hotmail.fr theme :Unicorn

no-thumbnail
TarporleyGallery Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
TarporleyGallery says

I just bought a theme from here called the-one and followed the info to download and up load it, i’m having so much trouble with it. I’ve used FTP downloading the file unziping just uploading the theme file and nothing. please please can some one help me.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
zettheme says

Do you guys are trying, to configure Wordpress? if is Multisite http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/network/settings.php and change in Uploads settings or open htaccess and edit as you wish.

a problem is in upload file size!

1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
gbs says

I just bought a theme from here called the-one and followed the info to download and up load it, i’m having so much trouble with it. I’ve used FTP downloading the file unziping just uploading the theme file and nothing. please please can some one help me.

Drop me a message via my profile and I may take a look into it for you.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
green-orangutan says

I had the same problem, I then unzipped the original file provided by ThemeForest and noticed there are other files (PSDs, documentation, etc…), that is why I was running into errors when trying to upload the ZIP that was directly downloaded from TF. Solution: open the downloaded zip file, find the actual theme file, e.g. bolder.1.2.4.zip, this will be the file that WP will accept for uploading.

I was able to see a zip file within zip in another theme, but not in the one I’ve just purchased! :( Any other ideas?

by
by
by
by
by
by