4 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Sensory1 says

Theme version Wordpress version Environment: It’s local but how can I link it to my domain? Server info : Mac

sigh. I have uploaded my purchased zip on WordPress.org to customize. I don’t know what I’m missing to unable to see preview. I see menus to make some adjust but none of the preview works.

833 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Hi,
Im kind of in the dark at the moment. Do you mean you have the theme uploaded on localhost? Or if not, can you tell me what hosting you are using?

(Wordpress themes do not work on wordpress.com accounts)

4 posts
Sensory1 says

Hi,

I uploaded on localhost of WordPress by using MAMP. I do have domain as well and I inserted it on Wordpress.org. My domain is wearesensory.com from NameCheap.

Why WordPress themes don’t work on wordpress.com?

833 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

First of all, Unless you have a server ready and connected to the internet 24/7 with a static IP, You can not connect your domain to it.
So you would need to buy a hosting plan, you can find them on: NetworkSolutions, GoDaddy, DreamHost, JustHost and many more.

Well for the second question you would have to read the following: WordPress.com and WordPress.org

4 posts
Sensory1 says

Oh..There were two different WordPress….websites. Well, I was working on WordPress.org so I’m okay, right?

I just bought a hosting service from NameCheap and finished with pointing my domain to the hosting service. Can I go onto WordPress.org to work on it now? or am I missing something else again here…?

3231 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Oh..There were two different WordPress….websites. Well, I was working on WordPress.org so I’m okay, right? I just bought a hosting service from NameCheap and finished with pointing my domain to the hosting service. Can I go onto WordPress.org to work on it now? or am I missing something else again here…?

Did you import any content into WordPress?

WordPress is database driven so it requires data to be inputed into it, just adding a theme doesn’t add data.( think of a theme as being visual only )

Most themes have some sort of XML with it. Also check the documentation it should tell you how to do the basics to set things up.

by
by
by
by
by
by