• Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Coffee-Themes says

Demo: http://abigarium.ihatepixels.com

And message from reviewer:
Overall, this is a good concept but there are a couple issues here:

We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template.

In this case, the submitted template is more like a ‘framework’ than a full fledged design. If you’re going with minimalism, you need to make sure all the little details check out.

Ideas what to change to make it better? Criticism highly desired.

38 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+5 more
Analogo says

Hey,

I think it’s quite nice. However, here are a few thoughts:

Your primary effect (hovering the boxed image) is perhaps a bit scary/too dynamic. I think it would be better if you make it less active in some way. Currently when you hover, the box more than doubles its height. Also I think the effect can bare some additional improvement in terms of smoothness. When I hover between elements I feel a bit of lag.

I like your main menu. However, why do you have an empty space on top? Why not add some social links there?

At blog – when you scroll down past the sidebar you get just empty area on the right. Why not add a sticky sidebar?

84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Coffee-Themes says

Hey,

I think it’s quite nice. However, here are a few thoughts:

Your primary effect (hovering the boxed image) is perhaps a bit scary/too dynamic. I think it would be better if you make it less active in some way. Currently when you hover, the box more than doubles its height. Also I think the effect can bare some additional improvement in terms of smoothness. When I hover between elements I feel a bit of lag.

I like your main menu. However, why do you have an empty space on top? Why not add some social links there?

At blog – when you scroll down past the sidebar you get just empty area on the right. Why not add a sticky sidebar?

Thank You for feedback, very good points. I will try to make effect smoothy and less scary. Space on top will go away and social icons will go somewhere in footer. About sidebar if i will make it fixed there is problem with more widgets.

84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Coffee-Themes says

Bump, any one else have idea how to make it better? :)

43 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rachata says

You home page concept is good but other pages is so ordinary. Nav font is too thick and hover effect is so slow.

I got a reject message same as you :(

by
by
by
by
by
by