84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Coffee-Themes says
Message from reviewer:
Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

However, we do accept themes with similar structure but in condition it provides better quality in terms of aesthetic or features.

Theme demo: Ripple Theme

82 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
subwaymatch says

Are you looking for feedback? I am gong to pitch my humble opinion in case that’s what you were looking for. I think the design is excellent. The spacing, toning down the colors, layout, etc… everything looks very good. It’s good to see designers who are flexible enough to keep things simple while making them look not so empty. If I was a reviewer, I would accept this item all day long (keep in mind that each reviewer would see tens and hundreds of these submissions and may have a different opinion). Maybe there is a theme that looks alike or they are looking for more features, a little bit fancier design.

Anyways, let me know how the theme goes. Very good job 8-)

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Coffee-Themes says

Yes feedback is what I’m looking for, i forgot to write most important part of post :P

173 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

I also like the design.

I think the typo needs a bit of work and definitely the spacing. Too much space between elements.

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Coffee-Themes says

I also like the design. I think the typo needs a bit of work and definitely the spacing. Too much space between elements.

Thank You! I will take closer look at spacing and typography.

2163 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey Man

The design is good but there are not enough features. Fill it up to the rim with all sorts of bells and whistles but keep it minimal.

Cheers

Lester

100 posts Norris & Tanita
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
ThemeVillage says

Hey, as I’m reading this a month later (being in your shoes) I wonder – what did you add/change that led to the approval of your theme ?

43 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
MegaThemes says

I don’t think the design was good enough, hence only 9 sales after 40 days! anyway. When you make designs, like this, black and white mostly, you need to compensate the lake of additional color with more details in elements – to bring back the balance.

82 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
subwaymatch says

I don’t think the design was good enough, hence only 9 sales after 40 days! anyway. When you make designs, like this, black and white mostly, you need to compensate the lake of additional color with more details in elements – to bring back the balance.

We may be entitled with our own opinions, but I don’t think linking the number of sales to the quality of design is fair. Number of sales has too many other factors, mainly the number of features, author credibility, and flexibility. His theme does seem to be too simple for many buyers, but is well laid out in my opinion.

by
by
by
by
by
by