• Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SomniaThemes says

Hey everyone,

So my WordPress theme got rejected. It was my first submit of this theme, so it’s not really a surprise.

I’m kinda wondering how I should improve it though. I got a standard rejection mail with the following:

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

3. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor.

So, is it only padding/margin/line-height fixes? Or is it the design? Is it not unique enough?

The theme can be found here: http://www.somnia-themes.com/themes/pixellin/

Hope some of you will be able to help :).

2161 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey there Honestly i think there are at least a 1000 templates like yours. You need to come up with something unique, with some nice effects and functions.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by