1) Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as graphics, layout, colors, etc.
2) Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for ThemeForest.
3) The template needs improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.
I agree with the reviewer It’s a good start but it needs some work. Some things that I think about:
- Colors: It’s kinda boring to look at imo. Pretty much just gray. I’m sure you made it this way because you don’t want to flashy, but it could use some life.
- Use colors together with the typography to focus important parts and to make it a little bit more interesting
- Maybe move the logo to the top left and move the menu to the right (so it’s aligned horizontally).
- I think one of the first things the viewer will look at is the top left corner, and all you see there now is a gray box with the text “Home Blog Contact …”
- What is different between the Home page and the Blog Page?
- Use the Home page to show what this website is all about.
- I don’t like the rectangular box around the serach box and around the smaller adds
- The menu dropdown is too big. Use a smaller height for each link imo.
- The typography needs better structure and flow. See this and this
- Maybe change fonts?
Again, I think it’s good start. But that’s some of the things that I think about. Not that I’m a genius but you can consider it.
I hope this can be to some help.
EDIT : I saw now that you can change colors, but it’s still very static. Again, use different colors to focus important parts (together with the typography). Without overdoing it ofcourse.
I like twentyten, I think it should get approved
All the best,