I am WordPress developer and successfully submitted two themes in the WordPress Free Themes Directory which are approved and live.
WordPress has special criteria in reviewing themes so all the developers should follow and keep their guidelines in mind while developing any theme. I am very much comfortable in writing a perfect code for WordPress Free Themes Directory.
Now i am working on my first Premium WordPress theme for Theme Forest Marketplace while keeping the following points in mind,
- All Standards/Guidelines of WordPress in Coding
- Unique Design
- Appealing Typography
- A useful list of ShortCodes
- Attention on Graphic Details
- Appealing Slider
- etc etc
Now i would like to ask,
- Is their any minimum Required/Optional list of Guidelines while developing Premium Theme for Theme Forest ?
All Standards/Guidelines of WordPress in Coding - you can use theme-check plugin, debogger and enable wp_debug before submitting your theme.
A useful list of ShortCodes - This is actually optional, but you can provide shortcodes which is suitable for your theme based on its motive/functionality/niche etc. - This could be useful – http://justintadlock.com/archives/2011/05/02/dealing-with-shortcode-madness
Appealing Slider - Optional, but it could increase your theme value. Use them wisely, please, don’t simply dump in a full width slider …
Other useful links: ThemeForest Wiki: http://wiki.envato.com/tag/themeforest-basics/ ThemeForest Common Rejection Factors: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/selling-rejections/themeforest-common-rejection-factors/
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.