• Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
stmcan says

Hello everyone,

Does anyone knows what kind of features increase wordpress themes price..

Thank you..

415 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says

Not sure, but I would say the more flexible it is (in terms of a dedicated admin panel), the higher priced.

Although this is probably not a 100% certain rule. For instance, I think that if you’re a “proven” author with many sales here, your theme will be automatically priced at least $30 because it’s expected it will sell well.

However, price doesn’t matter that much if you expect a large number of sales (in the hundreds), because you’ll be able to offset things.

I could’ve asked to have my theme bumped to $35, it probably has one of the most advanced admin panels from all themes available for sale here, but I’m more than happy with $30 because it looks like it’s going to end up selling pretty good eventually.

My strategy is getting volume sales. I think it’s more profitable in the long term to get 300 sales at $25-$30, than 150 at $35 or more.

158 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
stmcan says

You’re right! We should think in long term and i’m happy with my sales too altough its my first wordpress theme. But i’m still wondering the criterias.

4 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
gariben says

@octofine your theme is very nice but it got a little lucky with the bump. Not sure how much it increase your sale.. but it should be alot..

2317 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Custom option page, mulitple themes(colors) a good psd, a good help file and custom scripts.

1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says
Custom option page, mulitple themes(colors) a good psd, a good help file and custom scripts.

Good answer :)

158 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
stmcan says

Thank you very much all for the answers..

415 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says
@octofine your theme is very nice but it got a little lucky with the bump. Not sure how much it increase your sale.. but it should be alot..

It’s selling at almost the same rate as before…on average I think I probably get 1-3 more sales a day because v2 is out and is much more flexible.

Getting bumped to the homepage because of a bug was great, but I wouldn’t say the number of sales is just pure luck, who knows…

...and yes, detailed documentation definetely is a must, not necessary for a price increase, but I think it increases the customer’s confidence to buy.

2317 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says
...and yes, detailed documentation definetely is a must, not necessary for a price increase, but I think it increases the customer’s confidence to buy.

A good help file will help you get less emails from customers with questions. Less emails is more time and more time means you can created more themes for TF ;)

415 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says

A good help file will help you get less emails from customers with questions. Less emails is more time and more time means you can created more themes for TF ;)

+1111111

by
by
by
by
by
by