239 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subsolar says

Thank you, very much. More authors have to be helpful like you!

Only one more small question although you said that you use it in you themes – so it passes themeforests review regardless of using curl?

1612 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Thank you, very much. More authors have to be helpful like you! Only one more small question although you said that you use it in you themes – so it passes themeforests review regardless of using curl?

No probs, yes its an exception.

239 posts
  • Located in Europe
subsolar says

Awsome. Thanks again!

239 posts
  • Located in Europe
subsolar says

I know I may be getting on your nerves, I’m sorry but I encountered the following problem – after writing version 1.2 in the XML for a test, I reverted back to version 1.0 but the update notification continues to stay showing that I should update to ver 1.2.

I tried changing the file, the file directory, clearing the browser cache but it still continues to show that a newer version is available and shows information from the old XML :\

(Sorry for the double post)

1497 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
OriginalEXE says

I know I may be getting on your nerves, I’m sorry but I encountered the following problem – after writing version 1.2 in the XML for a test, I reverted back to version 1.0 but the update notification continues to stay showing that I should update to ver 1.2.

I tried changing the file, the file directory, clearing the browser cache but it still continues to show that a newer version is available and shows information from the old XML :\

(Sorry for the double post)

Add this to your theme’s function.php

delete_option( 'notifier-cache-last-updated' );

Reload and notification should be gone. After it is, remove the code.

239 posts
  • Located in Europe
subsolar says

Ah, yes, that did it! You have been most helpful.

1612 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Ah, yes, that did it! You have been most helpful.

Its setup to only check the XML every six hours. You can modify that interval if you like in update-notifier.php > line 15

162 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
partnuz says

Regarding Envato Toolkit

I assume this line “Customise the code in your theme to accept the user’s ThemeForest Username and Secret API Key” requires from me to do some extra options in options panel so users can enter their names and api and these values do not refer to my account as theme author ???

1359 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
ImanGM says

Hi there,

Is there any new version for this nice plugin? I’ve installed it and was trying to use it but it gives some errors and warnings in debug mode with WordPress 3.6.1. Should I use this for my theme auto upgrade?

Thanks Iman

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Taiwan
ixfinito says

Hi, I’m not a developer, just a customer of Staggerly theme. It came with this plugin, so I installed it also on my other themeforest theme wp sites. The first one I tried to update was Made. According to the plugin, the update was successful, but when I checked the homepage, it was blank. The WP Dashboard then told me it was broken and Default theme had been activated.

I looked for the backup zip file via ftp and could find it. After unzipping, I see a list of directories and files, but it’s a bit confusing (to me at least) which ones I should reupload to the site and what do I do with the files or directories that do not have a corresponding dir or file.

I’ve looked all over the place and there’s ton of stuff on how to implement the plugin, but nothing on how to restore the backup.

Please help!

Chung

by
by
by
by
by
by