1525 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
webdesignerart says

Hi friends,

Which you prefer mostly for your themes development or any application.

need some crons and pros.

THanks Regards Mohummad ABdullah

1179 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
mabuc says

I’m into wordpress.. :)

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Europe
WebinCode says

Only WordPress, WordPress and again WordPress :))))

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

joomla templates are harder to master but when you do there is only one page template, not 100 like wordpress. if you want to create for themeforest go for wordpress.

1525 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webdesignerart says

ANy more thoughts regarding wordpres vs joomla

962 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
EireStudio says

Wordpress, Using Joomla just feels so wrong! :)

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

WordPress.

End of discussion.

Moderator please lock this thread before i start shooting. :)

1148 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

WordPress.

End of discussion.

Moderator please lock this thread before i start shooting. :)

Haha, my thoughts exactly!

EDIT : Thought I’d elaborate…I’ve worked with a few other CMS ’s over the years. I did some modifications to a Joomla site a few years ago, and everything seemed so complicated. Like setting up permalinks was a whole day of work, and it still didn’t work properly. I’m not sure what I was doing wrong, but it shouldn’t have been that hard. Drupal was the same way. I never did get the whole “nodes’ thing. And again, permalinks were a module that needed to be installed, so was the blog. And the templating seemed overly complex. Movable Type is the CMS I have the most experience with. I did www.steves-digicams.com in it. It worked well for that site because it had 20,000 pages of reviews so the static HTML feature of Movable Type keeps page loads fast. The templating system is also more robust than Wordpress, with code highlighting, template caching, and a better system of template tags. But the problem with Movable Type is that it is written in Perl, so I couldn’t write any plugins for it (it’s been a decade since I wrote Perl), and it has to run on a server that supports Perl and the proper modules. After that, the next few projects were all custom CMS ’s running on the Symfony framework (and later my own framework based on Symfony). But everytime I needed some additional functionality (like better breadcrumbs), I needed to write a bunch of code.

In the end I made the switch to Wordpress a few months ago, and I’m working on my first Wordpress theme to submit in the next week or two. Wordpress is the first CMS that has everything I need, and doesn’t have many limitations. If there is anything you think you can’t do with Wordpress, there is a plugin for it already, or you can write one very easily.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

And…

Joomla 48 ITEMS

WordPress 907 ITEMS

...sums it up pretty well i think :)

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
libra-online says

actually, i would recommend using joomla+wordpress+drupal+expressionengine, depending on the clients needs. here, wordpress sells best, but i had some cases in which other CMS ’ were better suited for the job. i think it is good to be flexible. all have their pro’s and limitations and i do not like these cms wars, because all have their niche in the “market” this is my 2 cents, if time is pressing, i would recommend first learn wp, then drupal, then joomla and lastly, other cmses you choose. these all are loaded with custom modules, and really sometimes it is only a matter of taste. if you wanna sell here and 1. wanna sell fast = wordpress, 2. do not like big competition: joomla/drupal

by
by
by
by
by
by