2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Kristinally says

I really need a step by step on how to get my theme onto wordpress! please help and bare with me. I’m new to this, but not a complete idiot, promise! I’ve unziped it (i think) Now I don’t see an upload tab that everyone keeps telling me about. Appreciate the help.

-K

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

Hi! You need to unzip the file you downloaded and upload the theme inside it. Please see Solving broken theme issues.

Also, once you’ve unzipped the file you’ll find documentation inside with all the set up and install instructions. If you don’t see that documentation then it could be you haven’t unzipped the file or something broke during the unzip process. Perhaps try a program like WinRar to see if it works better.

Hope that helps :)

3118 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

I really need a step by step on how to get my theme onto wordpress! please help and bare with me. I’m new to this, but not a complete idiot, promise! I’ve unziped it (i think) Now I don’t see an upload tab that everyone keeps telling me about. Appreciate the help. -K

Are you using WordPress.com or a self hosted version of WordPress?

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Kristinally says

Hi! You need to unzip the file you downloaded and upload the theme inside it. Please see Solving broken theme issues.

Also, once you’ve unzipped the file you’ll find documentation inside with all the set up and install instructions. If you don’t see that documentation then it could be you haven’t unzipped the file or something broke during the unzip process. Perhaps try a program like WinRar to see if it works better.

Hope that helps :)

I’ve tried it out and I do not know, maybe I’m doing something wrong. Im not seeing any instructions when opening folders. Sorry, im sure this is frustrating.

by
by
by
by
by
by