145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

Sorry to bother you again. If i had to go through so many trouble then how is wordpress better than normal website. Lets say i just buy a domain and set up a website old fashioned way.

Didn’t you say in your first post that you have no coding experience? How do you know to setup a website “old fashioned” way if you don’t know HTML/CSS?

WordPress is a CMS.. It’s not trouble at all..

Though i asked it once. But again asking, if i buy a theme from here, can i put ads there? Or do i have to ask the person who is selling the theme whether they support ads or not?

480 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
Themewaves says

WordPress.com = rent a car

WordPress.org = get a car

You choose.
Nice explain! +1
470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Though i asked it once. But again asking, if i buy a theme from here, can i put ads there? Or do i have to ask the person who is selling the theme whether they support ads or not?

Exactly, you will need to ask an author of the theme before you decide to pay for it. And again, in order to use any of themes available here on ThemeForest, you need your own domain, hosting and wordpress.org.

145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

Exactly, you will need to ask an author of the theme before you decide to pay for it. And again, in order to use any of themes available here on ThemeForest, you need your own domain, hosting and wordpress.org.

Thank you so much for the response. I actually mailed one author here. But not getting any reply. I guess he may be busy or something. As i am quite new with these things, so i am questioning alot before starting. Because i need to spend alot of money once i start, so if there is a loss or set back at the beginning then it really serves as a demotivation.

For example initially i wanted to buy a themeforest theme and wordpress.com premium package. But after getting response from many guys here that it would have been a blunder.

As to use themeforest template i need to use wordpress.org with own hosting service and all that.

So thank you and also others for helping me out.

My well wishes to you guys.

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
cesmith says

Hello – I’m new to Envato… and running a wordpress.com site. Almost all of the products I’ve seen in the Envato Marketplace are for wordpress.ORG.

Is there ANYTHING here for me to use on wordpress.com? If so – Where do I look – and how do I find it, please? Thanks for your help…

3229 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Hello – I’m new to Envato… and running a wordpress.com site. Almost all of the products I’ve seen in the Envato Marketplace are for wordpress.ORG.

Is there ANYTHING here for me to use on wordpress.com? If so – Where do I look – and how do I find it, please? Thanks for your help…

no where but wordpress.com, Its a closed system and you cannot install things to it. If you’re willing to pay for hosting etc, the switch is pretty easy though

by
by
by
by
by
by