WordPress.org bans Themeforest members from participating in official WordCamp gatherings

8176 posts
  • Author Level 6
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
+8 more
doru
says

Just to clarify, this survey was already scheduled as part of the new licensing rollout, regardless of the GPL issue. Some questions surrounding GPL were added due to community feedback, though.

so is this why the survey kicked me out when I’ve naively chose “I’m not a themeforest author” option?

Or maybe envato needs answer about licenses only from themeforest authors? Because, last time I’ve checked those licenses apply to all authors on all marketplaces.

251 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 5 Years of Membership
+8 more
ait
says

I really don’t get Wordpress point of view, so they want great plugins but that authors give for free? We need to make a living in the end of the day :P
Just to clarify: When they talk about “free”, they’re talking about freedom, not price.

Yes that’s absolutely true, but it’s also freedom to copy our work and resell or share it for free.

158 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
greenshady
says

I really don’t get Wordpress point of view, so they want great plugins but that authors give for free? We need to make a living in the end of the day :P
Just to clarify: When they talk about “free”, they’re talking about freedom, not price.
Yes that’s absolutely true, but it’s also freedom to copy our work and resell or share it for free.

I believe I covered that when I wrote “freedom.”

378 posts WordPress Guy
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 3
  • Australia
+4 more
Japh
says

Just to clarify, this survey was already scheduled as part of the new licensing rollout, regardless of the GPL issue. Some questions surrounding GPL were added due to community feedback, though.

so is this why the survey kicked me out when I’ve naively chose “I’m not a themeforest author” option?

Or maybe envato needs answer about licenses only from themeforest authors? Because, last time I’ve checked those licenses apply to all authors on all marketplaces.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that these changes will effect all marketplaces though.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Both ThemeForest and CodeCanyon has surveys as most of the questions related to developer’s interests.

by
by
by
by
by
by