69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
GlennMcKeown says

Hi all,

I’m not 100% sure if i’m allowed to ask for a little bit of guidance, but sure i’ll get anywhere without asking.

I’m working on my first site template for themeforest.

Blue Moon – A corporate or portfolio template

It’ still a bit of work in progress, however i was just wondering if you had any advice regarding what i’ve done already- finding it kinda tough designing a template without a “proper” design brief!

Am i on the right lines?

Would you advise that i styled a page for portfolio detail, news listing & news detail?

I hope this post isn’t deemed as being advertising, if it is i’m happy to remove post.

Thanks

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

This is 100% okay to post here on TF. We’re all happy to help out other members and tell them what they need to fix on their templates. I think you have a great start, but need much more improvments as TFf has very high standards. Look through all of the files here on TF to get an idea of what TF accepts, quality wise. It needs a better navigation at the top. You have all that room and then about 12 pixel textual navigation. Maybe make a really nice button style navigation with maybe a jQuery drop down feature. You have all that room up in the top right, use it :) Other then that, you do have a great start, keep it comin!

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

That is absolutely beautiful just improve a little bit the menu, at a search form at the top (too much white space there) and something is missing i the “Blue Moon Template” section, but is almost ready :)

226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in New Zealand
Idil-Ciise says

you’re n the right track, just improve the nav a bit. maybe more icons and such

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
GlennMcKeown says

@all thanks for the advice. much appreciated. i’ll have a wee look at jazzing up the nav a bit and finishing styling on lists, tables etc

@idil-Ciise yeah i think you’re right – i’ll do a nice ul with icons in the services page.

thanks all

by
by
by
by
by
by