47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
KChristensen says

Great to see authors from Denmark around here, but threads like these makes me wonder if I’m better off with a european flag instead.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
If you think you are soooo skilled, make a theme, code it and make tons of cash :)

Oh, snap! It’s on. Okay, UI20 … It’s time for you to finally make the best theme the world’s ever seen ;-)

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
Great to see authors from Denmark around here, but threads like these makes me wonder if I’m better off with a european flag instead.

Don’t worry, this thread has nothing to do with anyone’s flag.

2293 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Ivor where are you – click the button and close this thread before this guy digs a hole deeper than he can get out of please -

I am not bashing anyone – you’ve had the feedback the design presented deserved and you should take away from this that 100% of people who viewed and commented basically are saying – try harder and possibly present something that would warrant a partnership – I’m not trying to get at you in anyway – we are all here as authors / designers and coders – but there is a standard – comments have said this is no where near the standard required and certainly doesn’t promote any serious prospect of earning good money in a partnership – take some time to work on a design for more than a day – heck most of my designs take several weeks (not saying I am better than anyone else either – just saying good work takes time and dedication)

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Yeah I was about to bring up the “Designed in 1 day” thing.

You can’t achieve awesome design in 1 day. Work harder mate.

367 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
Hahahaha.

Oh man, you gave me a good laugh there.

Wow.

I wonder what was so funny.

Ok so, you are assuming you have some kind of “design education” right? :) Your design is really bad and I’m gonna tell you exactly why, because when people just say it’s bad you insult them saying they don’t have “design education” :)

I read through the post you made and didn’t find out exactly why. Also yes I do have a long formal design education and years of experience as a design consultant and designer. You on the other hand do not. That I am sure of after reading this post. It may be blunt but we both know its the truth. Your design skills are limited to various blog posts about design related to website design. I am sure you have a nice basic understanding that allows you to create designs for themes and that is great. But you are welcome to challenge me to a duel about knowledge in design any day.

This is just one of the many spacing issue that you have. Why did you put the main text so close to the heading? It really feel unnatural for the reader because the first line of body text look like a description under the title and then there’s the text under it. Just feel wrong. Also make sure that when you choose a font, it’ll look the same once it’s coded, make some rendering test.

Did you ever hear about “the fold”. I wanted to have the main elements well above. otherwise I dont understand why it is unnatural to place the intro text high up. I put it next to the Iphone because they are related and part of the same element. Who says I want the text to be coded. Who cares. They wanted the text to look nice. and I could go with a web font, font face or graphics. Again its a psd mockup.

The idea of hand written text is good and have been seen numerous time but you have to be carefull with this one. The text have to be really readable and it should tell a story and guide the user trought your site. This is not what is happening here, my eyes are going everywhere when scanning information and again the spacing issue make it really difficult scan the page and know exactly what is important. Also, the font used for handwriting is so unreadable that I have to be really concentrate to understand what is written wich is really bad.

Why does it need to tell a story. It is just some whitty one liners, telling the user to buy this game or they will get bashed by the character with the club. What is wrong with that. How can the arrows confuse you again. There is a motion downwards and they even pooint in that direction. If you can get lost in that, then thats on you. I agree the text is hard to read. It was a last minute mockup.

Also, big lack of “Visual hierarchy” .. we don’t know what to look at first, what to read .. and the arrow stuff force us to go trough a path that is not natural and doesn’t contain usefull information about the product.

Complete nonsense. You have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t even know what to say. Someone help me out here, The arrows lead down to the social parts along side the intro text and the feature text. How can that be confusing. Why would you employ a complex visual heirachy on a site with so little content. I am utilizing common conventions in visual design and for such a simple site you don’t need a complex heirachy aided by grids and spaces, breaks, clumns and colors. If that is what you mean. If you think you can teach me about design, you must be one arrogant dude lol. Users will read from left to right starting at the top and going downwards. left to right left to right. By that logic I see nothing wrong with my layout. First they see the logo and the Iphone, then they skim the intro and menu. Then the “call to action button and features text. Then the arrows leading to the social features and the creative footer.

The footer is just weird, again you just put some graphical elements that doesn’t fit together and are totally useless.

I know for a fact now you are a coder. You do not like designers or design too much. You think creative visual design is useless if it doesnt send out a conbtact form. Well, all I get from this is that you are narrow minded and sadly inhibited by it. The purpiose of a promotional site for a game is to sell the game or to create excitement/buzz about it. I say a fun creative footer creates a good experience for the user and does not need to serve any other purpose.

You say the graphical elements do not fit together. Well another testament to your lack of design knowledge. I combined the characters from the game with the style of the site. Everyone I talked to loved the footer and I bet if this had been online it would be featured on many big sites or posts about creative footers. That would also sell more games. So the only thing useless is your lack of insight into design strategy and design as a whole.

Overall, there’s multiple spacing issue and font choice is bad. Lot’s of graphics for nothing and not enough usefull informations. No visual hierarchy either. Hand written text with arrow are confusing and just make me want to quit the website, wich I would have done before 5 second if it would have been a real website.

Thank god this site was designed for normal people who don’t hate design and graphics because they are nerdy programmers.

367 posts
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

Well I thought at least you would have my back but I guess not.

Har du lige laest hvad de skriver.

De eneste jeg har gjort er at forsvare mine meninger.

Total langt ude at Themeforest er hjem til en masse dumme smaa unger, der faar buksevand i hverdagen og derfor skal bashe folk her. Fint at du hopper med paa vognen. troede du som dansker havde lidt mere selvstaendig tankegang. Laes nu lige det hele igen og proev ikke bare at hoppe paa vognen.

4343 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hey guys refrain from personal attacks and please calm down, take this as a warning. I don’t think I have to lock the thread just yet.

UI20 , never take criticism personally man that’s never good. This is a community of designers and that’s how it is.

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

@UI20 Calm down mate, We should be all here to make money, help buyers get awesome themes and have a laugh together.

You say you’re a designer, cool but you act snobbery when you say statements like this, not cool.

read through the post you made and didn’t find out exactly why. Also yes I do have a long formal design education and years of experience as a design consultant and designer
I know for a fact now you are a coder. You do not like designers or design too much. You think creative visual design is useless if it doesnt send out a conbtact form

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and I think you may have done work for some big companies (just a guess) and then came here to TF and thought you are better than most of the authors here.

Easy solution. Design a theme (not unfinished) and upload to the PSD category! Then start making some cash!!!

367 posts
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
I will bet you everyone here likes it but have a reason other than the quality to want to talk bad about it. It is a bold statement but I think it is true. People sometimes have a hard time judging the work rather than the person and that is obvious in this thread.

Everyone like it? Really? .. ok so in your head we are all jaleous of your awesome design skills right? :)

I just feel sorry for people who cannot seperate emotions from work.

Look who’s talking. You got emotional from the first “negative” feedback you received. Don’t show your work if you don’t want people to say what they think about it.

If you think you are soooo skilled, make a theme, code it and make tons of cash :)

Maybe not jaelous but you wouldn’t try to cyberbully me like this without some bad intent. I have answered every single post with arguments and you just keep coming with more trash talking.

Maybe you hate designers or something. Something must have sparked the hatred you have for me and my work.

But now that everyone agreed to gang up on me I guess we have a classical case of cyberbullying. No one cares to read what is being said and just bash without a thought.

That is what it is nothing else. If a real designer told me my design was bad and provided me with plausible reasons I would take the critique and shut up but all this nonsense just means I can’t do that.

I can only hope someone will stand up for whats right and not just follow the mob of brain eating zombies on my tail.

by
by
by
by
by
by