• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

No one disputed there are a lot of sincere comments and anyone can see them, as well as anyone can smell the shamelessly-trying-to-self-promote ones. The actual trouble with the proposed solution is that it only affects that person’s comment on one item, like a tiny slap on the wrist, after which they can continue doing their thing with other authors. Is there a “strike” system for such things? I mean, if I then X then Y report one person for such a thing, will there be any form of official action toward that person?

2274 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

No one disputed there are a lot of sincere comments and anyone can see them, as well as anyone can smell the shamelessly-trying-to-self-promote ones. The actual trouble with the proposed solution is that it only affects that person’s comment on one item, like a tiny slap on the wrist, after which they can continue doing their thing with other authors. Is there a “strike” system for such things? I mean, if I then X then Y report one person for such a thing, will there be any form of official action toward that person?

I think the following is fairly self-explanatory and sufficient:

“You must not use the forums, item comments or any contact forms on Envato sites for unsolicited advertising of your items or any other conduct that could be considered spamming. Spamming will result in restricted access to the forums and account disablement.”

So to clarify, if you have had anything of the sort happening on your items, and believe it falls under the above description, simply flag the comment, as Travis said, and state the reason for flagging it.

Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by