JULY 14th UPDATE: Winners Announced!
Photo courtesy of PhotoDune author SergeyNivens
For those that were not able to participate in the Envato Football Cup tournament, fear not! We are also going to run a predictions contest for the 2014 FIFA World Cup™!
How It Works
We will be using a Website called Predict the World Cup. Register online and join our special Envato mini-league by using the following code: 78031.
Be sure to get your predictions entered and saved as soon as possible as the World Cup™ begins on June 12th! REGISTER HERE & enter code 78031 to join the Envato Mini League!
What Do I Have to Do?
Correctly predict as many scores as possible from all World Cup™ matches! Be sure to submit your predictions throughout the tournament as you won’t know who goes through to the second round and subsequent rounds until the first round group matches are over. We will try to post reminders in this thread but the responsibility to check you’ve submitted your predictions is entirely yours!
General scoring works as follows:
- 3 points for predicting an exact score
- 1 point for predicting the correct result (ie. you correctly predict the winner, or you correctly predict a draw, but by the wrong number of goals).
- 2 point bonus for predicting the correct result if that result was predicted by less than 20% of your competitors.
- 2 point bonus for predicting the exact score if that score was predicted by less than 5% of your competitors.
Not only is this just for fun for the many football fans around the world we have within our Marketplace community, but we will also be awarding brand new football badges to all winners! So even if you don’t know anything about football, your predictions and participation could nab you a brand new, shiny badge! GET IN THERE!
- First Place: Golden Football badge
- Second Place: Standard Football badge
- Third Place: Standard Football badge
Winners will be announced on July 14th at the end of the tournament!
Terms & Conditions
- Please use either your real name or Marketplace account name as your username on predicttheworldcup.com so we know who’s who (and who to give prizes to!)
- All community members with a Marketplace account are eligible to play.
- One entry per person, please.
- Staff are eligible to participate.
- Shucks. This is just for fun, don’t take it too seriously, please have fun.
Best of luck!
All done – fingers crossed
I’m on board!
Good luck everyone!
Come on England!
All done…come on predictions..