8 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeFlames says

Hello,

After my magazine/news theme Firestarter was rejected I took nearly two months and improved the theme all around, added responsive design, retina display, more rich content and worked on the typography and spacings. But today I have received the hard rejection message without any specific comments.

My great frustration aside, I need some feedback from you guys. Please educate me on how can’t I get a least a soft rejection? I don’t want to give any names but I have studied the marketplace for a long time and I see a lot of less quality themes getting accepted and I can’t understand it.

Here is the demo link: http://firestarter.themeflames.com/

Thanks in advance.

60 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DavidGuns says

I see a lots warning use HTML Validator.

good luck, btw nice design

42 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
WebGamO says

Very nice design. Maybe you should replace map with a subscribe form.

8 posts
+2 more
ThemeFlames says

@DavidGuns and @WebGamO, thank you both for your nice words about my design and thank you for your feedback. I will work on them.

But, I still can’t understand this hard rejection without A SINGLE SPECIFIC WORD. I mean really, there is absolutely positively nothing in the rejection message…nothing.

Some errors via HTML Validator? OK. Replacing the map with a subscribe form? Allright. Why doesn’t the reviewer just tell me those things in the feedback mail? Those are not even the 1% of the work behind this theme. It took nearly 6 months to complete it and I can’t get a single word from reviewers mouth?

Then what’s the logic behind sending review mails if they won’t say something? It doesn’t make sense and I tell you it’s not a smart business move to make people feel treated unfairly or not-cared. Just give me something and I will work on it, I will improve it. Just tell me…

But they don’t do it. It shouldn’t be that easy to play with people’s feelings especially after such hard work… I’m just sad.

1477 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

You are using TimThumb, which is not allowed anymore.

16 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
alf13 says

All I can give you is just from the design feedback, but I think your design is good and unique enough to be added on the TF marketplace. Maybe the problem is from the back end, how you code this theme, maybe there is some bad practice on your theme, ex: deprecated function, etc which I don’t know..If you keep on working to improve, it is just a question of time your theme will be accepted. I believe it will be accepted some day. Gud luck anyway.. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by