106 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Won a competition
+2 more
ActionFoundry says

After having the house ransacked nearly 2 months ago the insurance money has just come through. I’m looking to build an Intel i7 system but I’m not sure if I should wait for the 4th generation of processors.

Luckily the burglars left my 1st gen i7 system, just threw it across the room. Managed to get it working and have swapped hard disks as the originals didn’t enjoy being thrown. I could probably survive on this horribly slow ;) computer but having a newer one would improve my workflow so much more.

So What should I do? Wait till the Haswell 4th gen or get a lovely 6 core 3rd gen??

2233 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

What’s their ETA ? 3rd generation just arrive, so I’m not sure how much you’re willing to wait for the 4th generation.

2643 posts Community Team
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Question is, are you willing to wait till 4th gen comes out (hell knows when that will be, as crozer said, 3rd just came out), willing to pay 30% – 40% more, for 10%-20% more performance? I’ve always thought it’s best to buy the top of the line of the 3rd gen when the 4th comes out, to achieve best cost-performance ratios.

2233 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

Not to mention the extra time you will have to wait for other hardware-products to be fully compatible.

7647 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

What’s their ETA ? 3rd generation just arrive, so I’m not sure how much you’re willing to wait for the 4th generation.

probably 2015

187 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
enFusionThemes says

Question is, are you willing to wait till 4th gen comes out (hell knows when that will be, as crozer said, 3rd just came out), willing to pay 30% – 40% more, for 10%-20% more performance? I’ve always thought it’s best to buy the top of the line of the 3rd gen when the 4th comes out, to achieve best cost-performance ratios.

Yeah exactly, this was you save lots of money plus you will get a very good performance system.

by
by
by
by
by
by