Would anyone like a system where you could code designs that other authors made and split the profit?

3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Kenya
kendo451 says

It is simply a matter of trust. Since the person who created the PSD has the most to lose initially, just make an agreement with them and sell the coded theme from their account. Get the profit sharing agreement in writing.

If someone breaks their agreement and keeps the money, a complaint can be made against them in the forums, and now this person will have no hope of future collaboration.

47 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
TylorSkory says

And to make it a little easier to avoid miscalculations or payment fraud attempts, I just realized, both parties are able to see the amount of times the theme was sold. This is a little reassuring for me because it would be obvious if my partner only paid me for 10 themes selling when in fact 20 have been sold.

Still, it would still be a little confusing when you try and incorporate the payment percentage differences between authors. I guess, you would most likely split the amount that the account selling the theme makes…

47 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
TylorSkory says

Hey, I just wanted to update anyone who was interested in this topic. I emailed support and got the following message back:

Hey Tylor,

I agree that it would be a neat system. However, such an arrangement would have to be solely between the designer and coder. We can’t really get involved in those kinds of agreements specifically. With that said, many designers create threads on our forums for this very thing.

Thanks! Jeffrey Way

Hope that clarifies any questions anyone has! It did for me personally, as I was curious if this sort of exchange was allowed. Glad to hear it is!

1277 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

I am definitely interested in this. I can code fast using sprites vs. and some designs are just too awesome to sell them as PSD .

I think this should be implemented

1277 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

I think it could be integrated.

For example when you upload an item there could be a field called “psd source” where you can enter the themeforest item url for the psd design.

When you make a sell, the psd author gets a commission as well.

47 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
TylorSkory says

I agree, It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to integrate, and if done correctly, would be an awesome feature. @turkhitbox’s idea sounds pretty spot on.

I am sure we are missing a few dynamics that add to the complications of something like this but it would be great to see more official means integration between authors!

by
by
by
by
by
by