197 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

I am amazed by the number of themes uploaded and approved everyday on TF. Things sure changes in 2-3 years :)

I also see a lot of them with really low sales so I am wondering, maybe it would be good to have higher standards now that we have a LOT of themes on the market?

What do you guys think?

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Agreed. No offense but some accepted themes look horrible.

391 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+4 more
WPExplorer says

What is really low sales? Less then 100 the first month?

197 posts
  • Located in Canada
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

What is really low sales? Less then 100 the first month?

Well it’s not much about sales but maybe some kind of variety .. I think that some theme with low sales but unique design/features will sell in the long run .. but right now with the volume of theme approved, TF could be a little bit more strict.

Just a little bit you know, like .. approve 10% less theme than what is approved right now .. or even just 5% less …

391 posts
+4 more
WPExplorer says

ic..

or you can take advantage and get lots of themes accepted yourself and make good $ ;)

197 posts
  • Located in Canada
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

ic.. or you can take advantage and get lots of themes accepted yourself and make good $ ;)

It’s not about the money.

The thing is .. it’s always been harder and harder to get theme approved over the time .. and it’s normal. If you take a look at theme uploaded 2 years ago .. they would never be approved today.

I just think it’s been a while since that bar raised a little bit .. I am not talking about drastic change .. just make it slightly higher.

But maybe I’m wrong and every theme approved belong there. I don’t know.

42 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
indiapart says

Agreed. No offense but some accepted themes look horrible.

Guys, this is no critics on the reviewers, is it :depressed: ? I mean, they perfectly know which theme will work and stand out there in the marketplace, there is no doubt about this. They told me themselves so some times even!

92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CanCars says

I AGREE ! you can see a big difference in the older themes..I just bought one the other night from a new author and cant believe it got past a “reveiwer” Its full bugs and glitches as well….what kills me is, its not buried in the back end, its right in front of you!

How do you NOT see things like …Main menu is all author icons made in IL? they are raw IL files in a seperate folder! ...there are no icons for things like porfolio or gallery…instead its things you would expect to see in your options dashboard. To make things worse, there is no option to even change the main menu to text instead of these goofy icons

so I have to make or buy icons for my menu’s and manually install them?? WTF ? Naturally when I purchased it I assumed it came with proper icons to swap out the developer ones. the documentation is a total a joke as well…I think its the worst I’ve seen so far..written buy a 10 yr old I think.

SO…what is it they are reviewing!? colors and stripes how bout wether the dam thing functions? What would someone building a personal or business site want icons with [] in the middle on a menu for? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

391 posts
+4 more
WPExplorer says

@cancars – are you saying the icons are actually font icons? If so, this is actually good for modern browsers as it keeps your site loading fast. I’m not justifying anything because I don’t know how they added them to their site, but I do personally like font icons. It’s just a shame because on old crap browsers they do render sometimes as [] – depending on the set.

92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CanCars says

@cancars – are you saying the icons are actually font icons? If so, this is actually good for modern browsers as it keeps your site loading fast. I’m not justifying anything because I don’t know how they added them to their site, but I do personally like font icons. It’s just a shame because on old crap browsers they do render sometimes as [] – depending on the set.

No, I wish, I like those too..they are icons like you see in your dashboard or ideal for a theme preveiw, as he is using them for….and which the user would later swap out for things like pic of an envelope for mail…so on…which I do like. The only “normal” one is for “Home” its a house icon of course.

by
by
by
by
by
by