14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
lifeonart says

Hey,

It’s just a thought. Whenever I get a sale I’m curious to know who purchased my file. Correct me if I’m wrong,..now in the marketplaces there is no way to track a buyer unless he post a feedback/comment or he directly email you.

Do anyone think that we should have the list of buyers under our individual account details? Is there any reason not to provide the buyer details on our account?

I would love to hear your opinion.

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

+1 , that would be really nice.

730 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in China
+5 more
wangruyi says
Hey,

It’s just a thought. Whenever I get a sale I’m curious to know who purchased my file. Correct me if I’m wrong,..now in the marketplaces there is no way to track a buyer unless he post a feedback/comment or he directly email you.

Do anyone think that we should have the list of buyers under our individual account details? Is there any reason not to provide the buyer details on our account?

why you want to know who purchased your file? Maybe this is a secret for the buyer. :)

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says

I would like to know it to, so that I can see in what kind of bussiness it will be used. :)

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says
Hey,

why you want to know who purchased your file? Maybe this is a secret for the buyer. :)

that’s ridiculous… why could it be secret? there could be only a reason, they have a customer and they buy my file and use it in their project and they all say we have created it… which is not something right…

and people might use a single liscence file on several projects… if we could know the buyer, we could see his works and could see whether they have used it so many times or not…

i think sellers has right to know who bought their files…

2309 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
that’s ridiculous… why could it be secret? there could be only a reason, they have a customer and they buy my file and use it in their project and they all say we have created it… which is not something right…

and people might use a single liscence file on several projects… if we could know the buyer, we could see his works and could see whether they have used it so many times or not…

Making the identity of buyers known to the authors of files they buy would be pointless (at least inasmuch trying to acquire the information you suggest above) If a buyer wanted to remain secretive about the fact that he uses stock files in his projects he would simply use an anonymous username and provide no identity information in his profile.

320 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
eirehotspur says
Hey,

...and under what legislation is this based on?

Flashden have a duty to protect a users identity on their website.

It isn’t your job to protect your files once you put them up on Flashden for sale…..it is Evato’s.

That is why they are making money…...forget about buyers personal details, leave the policing to Evato and go and have a few beers and chill out.

7761 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
doru says

if you want to know who’s bought your file just provide him with a reason to tell that to you.

For example. make some intentional bug in the item, bug that can’t be detected by the reviewer (else your item will not get approved), but that bug should drive the buyer crazy and contact you about the issue.

Then you just ask for forgiveness for the “mistake” you’ve made, and provide him with a update. Mean time you get to know who it is.

There’s a “small” chance that the person will never buy anything from you in the future, or, this will happen more rarely, come back after you to kick your butt. But this its a small price to pay for knowing who bought your files.

1 post
xegnma says
if you want to know who’s bought your file just provide him with a reason to tell that to you.

For example. make some intentional bug in the item, bug that can’t be detected by the reviewer (else your item will not get approved), but that bug should drive the buyer crazy and contact you about the issue.

Then you just ask for forgiveness for the “mistake” you’ve made, and provide him with a update. Mean time you get to know who it is.

There’s a “small” chance that the person will never buy anything from you in the future, or, this will happen more rarely, come back after you to kick your butt. But this its a small price to pay for knowing who bought your files.

Or you can simply embed some artfully hidden text(a dynamic textfeild that won’t pop up as a symbol) in your SWFs and then do a google search on the embedded text…Google can crawl SWFs now…Great technique for trackbacks…

2751 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

That’s really bad advice, doru, please don’t suggest that authors should upload items with intentional bugs. That would really kill the integrity of the marketplace.

In regards to the original question regarding identity of customers, we don’t do that because of privacy concerns. Envato respects the privacy of all customers, it’s as simple as that.

by
by
by
by
by
by