530 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
darius9000 says
i think sellers has right to know who bought their files…

they also have the right to privacy, right?

226 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says

maybe customer privacy is ok.. so what if all developers and designers know is stuff the buyer has in it’s profile.. like: country, business type(maybe) .. etc ?

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
if you want to know who’s bought your file just provide him with a reason to tell that to you.

For example. make some intentional bug in the item, bug that can’t be detected by the reviewer (else your item will not get approved), but that bug should drive the buyer crazy and contact you about the issue.

Then you just ask for forgiveness for the “mistake” you’ve made, and provide him with a update. Mean time you get to know who it is.

There’s a “small” chance that the person will never buy anything from you in the future, or, this will happen more rarely, come back after you to kick your butt. But this its a small price to pay for knowing who bought your files.

As a buyer, a very bad idea! Comments like this just take down your credibility (and sales for sure)...

If someone is tracking me down with my items bought I definitely will fly away from here. As a buyer, if someone wants to know my opinion and what sales good, just ask! I always comment on the files I purchase here to let the authors know what I think of the files, so guess they can contact me through my postings.

I don’t know why there is to many authors here interested in strategies or mechanisms to get more sales. Besides the obvious, just keep on with the good work!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

+1….....

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
lifeonart says

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Many people believe that the buyer info should be revealed to the seller, many others believe it’s the buyer’s right to keep up their privacy and some people do not bother about who buys the files as long as they get paid up… All fine…I respect all your thoughts and opinions.

Now, I think the buyer should have an option to hide / show their identity to the sellers at the time of purchase…it depends on each individual.

I hope this forum moderators and site managers are reading all these posts. May be they will consider these suggestions or reject it. Whatever it is, I’m sure all the marketplaces are still rocking and we have a much improved website now.It’s a wonderful website. Happy :)

292 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Ezza says
Thanks everyone for your opinions. Many people believe that the buyer info should be revealed to the seller, many others believe it’s the buyer’s right to keep up their privacy and some people do not bother about who buys the files as long as they get paid up… All fine…I respect all your thoughts and opinions.

Now, I think the buyer should have an option to hide / show their identity to the sellers at the time of purchase…it depends on each individual.

I hope this forum moderators and site managers are reading all these posts. May be they will consider these suggestions or reject it. Whatever it is, I’m sure all the marketplaces are still rocking and we have a much improved website now.It’s a wonderful website. Happy :)

We do read the forums, even when you don’t any of us reply. You can be sure that everything brought up here does get discussed and considered :-)

2821 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I would like to be able to contact all buyers using a form or something; to notify them of a bug I have found in my files or let them know about an update. I’m not sure that I need see their details or anything just a “group” email would be useful.

4359 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

I don’t think this is a good idea because authors would constantly spam their buyers with messages like “hey I just uploaded a new file GO BUY IT NOW !!” And I’m sure buyers would find this annoying especially if they a regular buyer.

2821 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says
I don’t think this is a good idea because authors would constantly spam their buyers with messages like “hey I just uploaded a new file GO BUY IT NOW !!” And I’m sure buyers would find this annoying especially if they a regular buyer.

Good point, I guess with any system some people would choose to abuse it.

1612 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+5 more
DaniMun says

+10000000

Def. agreed! Plus, just like Jack said, as long as they buy my items, I’m happy. Whether they choose to give me feedback or not, that’s entirely up to them. I love making sure my buyers are completely satisfied with their purchase.

If any author really wants to know who bought their files, go ahead and start your own marketplace and make your own rules. No offence fellas :)

P.S.: ENVATO RULES !!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by