• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
seal says

I don’t want to compare anything, but from latest approvals – please have a look at this DARK Uncomfortable SPOT design. Do you like it? Why is it good enough? tell me facts? I want to learn techniques which works for TF approval theme.
try coding in html, DARK Uncomfortable SPOT is very unique with details and and generally very nice graphics

DARK Uncomfortable SPOT , it’s not unique, let’s be honest. The only kind a unique element is the graphic on company history and maybe the main menu.

As for your theme – first PSD is very hard to get in category and the idea is that more people need ready to use designs like html or WP rather then PSD . And yes, in html and wp there are theme that are complete garbage and approved recently, so it also depends if you are a no name user or someone with a lot of sales. For anyone that want proof of my last statement – drop me a line and will share the link, you will NOT believe your eyes, trust me!

3426 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

I really don’t understand why you’re so against converting your template into a working HTML version :D

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
beetlesales says

I really don’t understand why you’re so against converting your template into a working HTML version :D

Because it takes years of experience to learn how to code/develop properly :)

3426 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Edit: Sorry(beetlesales)..i didn’t notice it was you :D

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United States
beetlesales says

Edit: Sorry(beetlesales)..i didn’t notice it was you :D

I’m not the original author of this topic (if that’s what you’re insinuating) :chuckle:

!! BREAKING NEWS !! Police say a man ransacked a house earlier today in search of cheat sheets for HTML and CSS coding, only to find out it’s easier to steal someone else’s website concepts by copying and pasting into DreamWeaver. The man’s bond is set at 25 more sales on ThemeForest.

Anybody want to bail me out? :D

16 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
idealUI says

To: SEAL You’re first here, who tells right things and true. Absolutely agree with you man!

+1)

As for your theme – first PSD is very hard to get in category and the idea is that more people need ready to use designs like html or WP rather then PSD . And yes, in html and wp there are theme that are complete garbage and approved recently, so it also depends if you are a no name user or someone with a lot of sales. For anyone that want proof of my last statement – drop me a line and will share the link, you will NOT believe your eyes, trust me!

first PSD is very hard to get in category for newbies here. True.

yes, in html and wp there are theme that are complete garbage and approved recently FACT & TRUE again!

And one most important thing it also depends if you are a no name user or someone with a lot of sales. TRUE.

So as for now we have mostly garbage folder with HTML based templates and another direction for PSD templates – that should be INCREDIBLE UNIQUE )) (by some subjective point of view of TF’s DESIGN EXPERT and critique.)

RubenBristian I really don’t understand why you’re so against converting your template into a working HTML version

Cause I don’t want to do double work just for fun. I created this template specially for TF from scratch, it really has well organized structure. Attention to details and pixels. In case if it will be approved – I will create any HTML or WP. Even mobile theme or app. It’s NP.

To: Beetlesales Because it takes years of experience to learn how to code/develop properly

Yes, you’re right. You can believe me or not, but I know how to convert PSD to valid HTML . And I have some experience work on heavy UI web sites. But this is not main point of our discussion.

Summary: If things here organized this way like I see and tried from inside as a new author, I’m definitely wouldn’t recommend my clients or friends to use system, buy garbage from HTML folder and another things from “old” members ( cause mostly of them don’t keep high quality standards, about which, everyone talking here ).

I’m very like overall idea of TF project, but STOP ignoring and reject newbies without mention specific things to adjust or fix to get approval. And just cause he is new to system

Thank you guys.

16 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
idealUI says

Here’s some missed things from previous post

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says

Look through the treads here on the forum and you will see that not once an HTML template already existing and selling in HTML category was denied to be accepted to WP.

That’s completely wrong. The order is PSD (hardest) – WP (medium) – HTML (easy). Being accepted in HTML does NOT guarantee WP approval. There have been some cases and we have been on this road too.

470 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Israel
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
virtuti says

Look through the treads here on the forum and you will see that not once an HTML template already existing and selling in HTML category was denied to be accepted to WP.
That’s completely wrong. The order is PSD (hardest) – WP (medium) – HTML (easy). Being accepted in HTML does NOT guarantee WP approval. There have been some cases and we have been on this road too.

What is wrong?:))) Me and you said same thing, just it was articulated in different sentences :)))

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
dexterous says

yes, in html and wp there are theme that are complete garbage and approved recently FACT & TRUE again! And one most important thing it also depends if you are a no name user or someone with a lot of sales. TRUE .

Just because your design is not getting approved, you don’t get the rights to call the approved files as ‘garbage’

by
by
by
by
by
by