so im trying to finish my first Design that i want to sell here. Now i wanna ask you, would you buy it (if you had money and ThemeForest add it ).
I must say that i tried it before but it has not been approved for some typography, visual hierarchy, layout and general aesthetics reasons.
So maybe you could say what I should edit to get approved here
I want all sort of critics
Short answer chack no. I’m not going to lie this needs quite a bit of work.
1) If you resize the browser window the two columns move independent of the title above it. They should all remain central. To achieve this place all three items into one overall div container.
2) The padding needs to be adjusted. For example inside the main content box you have large padding at the top but small padding on the left – they should be equal.
3) Your choice of colours do not work. The grey text is too faint on the grey background.
4) Your comment form needs styling.
5) The overall theme is just too basic. All you have is two transparent boxes over a wooden background. That’s it. You could add an image slider, integrate WordPress plugins, add a navigation bar to name just a few suggestions.
To your last point, i would like to keep it as that simple & clean.
Didn’t expected that anyone says the paragraphs color isn’t readable but okay, will fix that.
Will try to style the comments & fixing the other issues.
Thanks so far (:
Edit: Yea, forgot that thing with the header. Will fix that today.
- United States
- Was featured in a podcast
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Contributed a Blog Post
Hey chack i think that this theme REALLy needs some left and right padding for the content. The text is way too close to the edges for me. Maybe 20px padding. Also the color of the paragraphs is too dark, seems to blend in too much with the background and becomes difficult to read.
The bold myriad pro (in blue) seems to look a bit crappy in my broswer, im sure its rendered nicely in safari or something but in firefox it isnt. When you use bold myriad pro at that font size you tend to get rendering issues in my experience.
Anyway i hope you get this theme submitted and make some $$$!
@ CreatingDrew uh? Oo Using the same specs as you and have no problems. Is sliding if JS is enabled. If JS is not enabled it will stand at the top. Maybe you could say some more info?
furto, i think you are using windows? In my vmware it looks not as good as in safari, but not creepy. But will improve it (:
20px padding? Woah… Thats alot. Will try it and maybe its perfect
So which color would you prefer for the paragraph?
I had a play around in firebug and added 20px padding to the left and right which i thought made it look alot better and i changed the paragraph color to #EEEFFF which seemed to make it alot easier to read