148 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CipheredDesigns says

A beautiful idea Dimi – you have a good heart. There is a better way to do this and it won’t suffer authors’ sale. Envato should simply create a web page (that display different information about people -‘perhaps children’ deeply in need across the globe) with a button for donation. We authors can donate any amount we are comfortable with either through our marketplace balance or via Paypal – as simple as that. I believe this idea will help in the advancement of Envato marketplaces to the outside world. Good thread!

Thank you Charles! I´m very happy about your post, and I love your suggestion! A donation button would be a great implementation!

148 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
CipheredDesigns says

Envato would create a sub menu “For Charity”? A category where Authors all over the marketplaces contribute their work to help children and people in need of help? I mean, its Christmas.. Lets unite and create an Envato account or user, where all the earned money will be spent for a good purpose. This could be a great advertising for Envato and Envato´s authors too. What do you think about it?
First of all I would like to apologize. I accidentally click on |REQUEST STAFF REPLY|

What I wanted to do is to reply to this line “This could be a great advertising for Envato and Envato´s authors too” if you do charity for advertising purpose it’s a bad legacy to have. About the idea, if you want to do some charity why don’t you just do it?

There is no need to apologize, Folksnet. The intention of my thread wasn´t advertising at all! All I wanted to say is, together we are strong! I´m sure, there are some authors here who already offer items for charity, but imagine the dimensions, if Envato would offer a separate category where authors could submit items for charity or anything like that. Envato has the power to do it

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
hogash says

How about ENVATO FOUNDATION? Perhaps it’s too early for that, but it would be nice in the future. I’d be glad to donate money or allow my work to be used for charity or non-gov.

834 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
3Ddym says

Lets do this!

1091 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
lifwanian says

Somewhat related – this guys went out and celebrated a homeless woman’s birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZP47U2Zt4

Not sure what is said throughout, but in the end, he says wish whatever your heart desires and let the balloon go. She says she doesn’t know what to wish for. Wish for anything you want! And she wishes for everyone’s happiness…

335 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
Folksnet says

@CipheredDesigns I do support charity just not for any kind of personal gain, if I misunderstood that line I do apologize for that as well.

About Envato getting involved in something like this, it’s all up to them. It would be great aw course but it looks like they having hard time to deal with what they dealing now. Plus project like these almost always lead to salary and I think charity should be charity.

I think the best way to do charity is to raise money in the way that you can manage it to invest 100% in charity, no salary, no left spanding, and to do something like that it requires a personal involvement not just donate or raise but to be personally involved in where the money goes and how the money spends. I do support donations to logit organizations but thats not the best way to do charity.

About the idea, the best way I think to do that is for everyone who would like to create items for charity just start a new account and create items for 100% charity then get together everyone who got the account and decide where to invest the money. That way everyone got equal control/choice where money goes.

I wish there were more topics like this one on this forum, it can lead to something good. Most of the topics are non sense and lead to no where just waist of time.

1405 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+2 more
mrcharlesbrown says

... About the idea, the best way I think to do that is for everyone who would like to create items for charity just start a new account and create items for 100% charity then get together everyone who got the account and decide where to invest the money. That way everyone got equal control/choice where money goes. ...

Signing up separate account is good but not the best idea because you will hardly find authors that will be interested to invest time to make items just for charity. Actually, what type of item will an author create for the sake of charity and how will the review standard be measured? These are two important questions you have to ponder. You will find little or none author that will spend time to do that because each and every one of us creates premium items for personal success and excellence.

Envato organized bundle for charity is also good but like most people have already suggested – it will affect every one’s sales.

It is a lot easier to donate money while busy creating more premium items for the marketplace. We authors can donate easily through our individual marketplace credit or possibly via PayPal at will. There are many secrets to success and charity (helping out the needy) is among the greatest.

Envato staff can provide us with the list and brief details of suggested places where the monthly donation will go. We authors can use poll box to vote for the place/people/person you are keen to help.

148 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
CipheredDesigns says

There are already a few interesting and really good ideas in this thread! I don´t know which one would be the best and I hope we will collect a lot more!

Charles, you are right when you say that it´s easier and faster to donate money while creating more items for the marketplace. But I´m afraid that even a simple implementation of such a “donation”-button could take months or longer due to all the projects and improvements that are on the Envato list, as Folksnet mentioned earlier.

I could create an additional account, 100% for charity right now! But wouldn´t it be better if we ask a Mod from Envato to open ONE account, let´s call it “Envato Foundation” or “Envato Author´s Foundation” (thanks hogash for the great idea ;-) where all authors who want to help people in need, can submit their work. I´m not quite sure how it would work exactly but maybe the Mod could provide an FTP-Link where we upload our items. Or we could use the comment-box to tell the reviewer that this item is for the “EAF-Account”..

I´dont know, we should try something together and I´m highly motivated after reading all YOUR comments =)

@lifwanian: This is really a great video! Thanks for sharing!!!

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

A beautiful idea Dimi – you have a good heart. There is a better way to do this and it won’t suffer authors’ sale. Envato should simply create a web page (that display different information about people -‘perhaps children’ deeply in need across the globe) with a button for donation. We authors can donate any amount we are comfortable with either through our marketplace balance or via Paypal – as simple as that. I believe this idea will help in the advancement of Envato marketplaces to the outside world. Good thread!

+1 this sounds like a great idea.

278 posts
  • Serbia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says

Wouldn’t it be better if few days in a month both Envato and author give up on $1 of their cut for every sale. And as someone said, people would disagree what to do with money, why doesn’t it go to author’s country fund and then all authors from that country get together, bring ideas and suggestions out, eventually vote for one and transfer moneyZ to fund in their country. That way we can together do something good for our countries :)

by
by
by
by
by
by