611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

Hey Kerosene, I understand that something like this can make one angry, but – and please dont take this the wrong way – reading your post and realizing that good musicians like you get rejections now, my first thought was: great! Finally audiojungle seems to be raising the standards. And that is good for ALL OF US .
I think we all know that there are many tracks here on AJ, one listens to and finds him/herself thinking: how the hell got that approved?!?
So now, as they passed the 50.000 items mark, they obviously seem to raise the bar and get more picky and I think this is good. Because if the overall quality raises that means that many lads who just say to themselves “Let’s see if I can make money with my lastes GarageBand ‘experiment’ go back to whereever corner on Soundcloud they belong to and thus give our dear reviewers time to approve our good stuff waay faster ;-)
Please don’t let this discourage you with AJ, criticism is sometimes hard to deal with. Take a look at the portfolios of the “AJ Giants” like Soundroll, TimMcMorris, GarethBroker etc.: they are flawless and that’s what we all should strive for.
Best wishes. I like your stuff. Keep on rocking – Greetings, Basspartout! :)

1009 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

Best to get used to dealing with nit picky ornery nonsensical changes in the production music world. At least AJ doesn’t tell you to rewrite the entire song 15 times and have it on their desk by yesterday like some producers would :)

Haha….....nice one !

BY THE WAY HAVE YOU DONE IT YET ?

:)

1009 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
simaudio says

I think…. IMHO is…. don’t take it personally! If that’s what they wan’t…. then just put it right, us musicians should be used to rejections :(

The reviewers are just doing their job, yeah it can be frustrating but just take it as being constructive critism, it doesn’t matter how old you are or how much experience you have, we must learn from these challenges which will hopefully teach us to be better musicians and give the customers what they wan’t.

The thing is I really enjoy what I do and that is half the battle, yeah it is not always gonna sell as well as say some other folks stuff on here but I never stop learning what I can do to make things better on here or in other projects.

Unfortunately at the moment there is a big review queing system but I’m sure that won’t be there forever, I actually do appreciate what the guys say because that is a good way of getting feedback and I’m sure you do want your items to sell and surely they know the market place better than anyone. I am also happy that AJ is raising the bar as far as quality goes (and that is no disrespect to you, but only meant in general) surely it is good to have the best quality music in a marketplace ? Even if the bass is a nanosecond out of time! Ha-ha :)

Don’t take it personally and I hope you reconsider as you ain’t doing bad with your sales…....... and I am sure it will get better for you, your music is good, have fun and be happy ? You’ll be fine .

101 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
JCKerosene says

Ha Ha! @”Even if the bass is a nanosecond out of time! Ha-ha :)” That was funny. Yes I agree quality control for sure. Definitely a bit of an adjustment for me, coming off stage over the weekend from playing with my band where I’m the main songwriter, getting good comments and reviews, to logging in to AJ on my rest day…and it was like woa! Wha? I dont normally carry an ego, but must of had a bit of one when I saw that. Mostly I had decided to take my non exclusive portfolio which is doing better and make the switch here with those tracks. I also decided to ignore other sites and just focus on my exclusive portfolio here…I decided to work hard last week to strategize three releases for the month of March. Right now this portfolio is spitting oil in March and I want to re ignite. So, that’s why I was a bit ranty….it messes with my strategy. Anyways, no biggie. They offered to accept the track as is, but I will still will make the change to be fair. Thanks boys, and girls! Inflecting positivity!!

Cheers

291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

JCKerosene,

Maybe you right, or maybe not – publish somewhere that track you got rejected … soundcloud maybe ? Then we can be more constructive.

16 posts
  • Located in United States
hektikmusic says

You’re lucky, every track I’ve submitted gets the same copy-and-paste explanation as to why it wasn’t accepted. Then I listen to the “top tracks” and don’t understand why my music hasn’t been accepted. Then I think about my the dozens of games and 100’s of videos I’ve made music for and then I really wonder why my tracks haven’t gotten accepted yet…I think it’s because I’m an American :/

291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+3 more
rtofvnt says

You’re lucky, every track I’ve submitted gets the same copy-and-paste explanation as to why it wasn’t accepted. Then I listen to the “top tracks” and don’t understand why my music hasn’t been accepted. Then I think about my the dozens of games and 100’s of videos I’ve made music for and then I really wonder why my tracks haven’t gotten accepted yet…I think it’s because I’m an American :/

... again – let us hear what was rejected.

27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
JamieGraves says

I am an American, I have had over 120 files accepted between my 2 accounts. I have had a few soft rejects also. So I don’t believe the Aussies are blocking us out. I read your other thread and I must say you really just don’t get the site. This is a great community of composers from all over the world. I really enjoy listening to other’s tracks and have actually made a few friends.

409 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
joesacco says

I’d love to hear this fraction of a second!! Please post!

301 posts
+1 more
Reachground says

I love a good old conspiracy theory. Yes, Envato staff are racists. I’m guessing that you didn’t understand it the first time when your thread was locked?

by
by
by
by
by
by