2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says
My girlfriend is that kind of girl that is even scared of the movie “Gremlins”, so I think I will not sleep very well this night :D

I know the feeling – I’m watching this ALONE :D

1336 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

OMG there are two endings?

/ SPOILER ALERT /

The one I watched; the woman killed her boyfriend…

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

Uhm, anyone knows then this film will be released in germany? :) Couldn’t find something but it looks cool. A little bit like Blair Witch Project i guess…

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
OMG there are two endings?

/ SPOILER ALERT /

The one I watched; the woman killed her boyfriend…

Yea! I Just googled “paranormal activity alternate endings” and theres at least two other endings!

SPOILER ALERT —-

One ending is the one in the theaters, where she starts screaming downstairs, the boyfriend jump out and runs down, screaming stops, 30 seconds later of silence, footsteps upstairs, boyfriend gets thrown at the camera, and then she attacks the camera… something like that.

The current ending (theatrical ending):

Every version of the climax that I’ve heard about has Micah dashing downstairs after Katie is dragged out of the bed/room, where some sort of off-screen ruckus takes place and only a bloody Katie returns. In this version, Katie tosses Micah’s body at the camera from the hallway (a great money shot, I’ll admit, albeit one given away in the trailer), kneels down beside his body to either sniff or lick it, and then approaches the camera before smiling and then lunging at the lens. A title card informs us that Micah’s body was found on whatever date, and that Katie’s whereabouts are still unknown…

A little too Hollywood cliffhanger-y for my tastes, but it plays better on the screen than I’d heard.

The original ending:

This time, Micah stays downstairs as Katie returns to the bedroom, covered in blood and now holding a knife. She proceeds to rock on the floor next to the bed for something like two days straight.* We hear a friend (the girl who offered that Katie stay at her place, I’m guessing) leave a message on their answering machine, wondering where they are. She later stops by, presumably finds Micah dead downstairs, screams and leaves. The police then show up later, with Katie only awakening from her catatonic state as they come up the stairs, with guns drawn. She’s covered in blood, holding a knife and very confused as to what’s going on, and so the officers proceed to fire on her. The title card then dedicates the film to the couple’s memory.

This one is a bit anti-climactic, yes, but I think it’s a bit more tragic that Katie’s been tormented all her life, only to face an unwitting death such as this.

The alternate ending(s):

Now, several endings were shot after the film was picked up. The only one of those that I’ve seen described anywhere was screened maybe once at a test screening, and Peli suggests that we may see it yet on the DVD . In this version, Micah dies downstairs, bloody Katie returns to the bedroom with knife in hand, and she proceeds to slit her own throat in front of the camera (without looking right into it).

I personally prefer this one because Micah makes a gesture with a knife in the kitchen very early on, suggesting that whatever the problem is, they’ll [slicing motion] take care of it. That might’ve made for a nice bookend, and would’ve been disturbing regardless.

1336 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

BTW , I found out that there are three endings :)

Edit: You beat me.

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Uhm, anyone knows then this film will be released in germany? :) Couldn’t find something but it looks cool. A little bit like Blair Witch Project i guess…

The original movie was just released in 2007-2008 to a bunch of college students in California at a college event near halloween. It quickly became a really big hit, so Paramount then made a theatrical version, and released it into theaters. Soon Paramount set a global release date into many theaters worldwide. I don’t know if Germany released it yet or if they are going to, but since it’s been around for a year or two, you can easily find it online. The link below is perfect quality, online streaming, just have to wait till it fully buffers, or somewhat buffers (I hate watching it when it always pauses to buffer :D )

http://loombo.com/w5srsjnahh0m/paranormal-activity-gadiss.flv.html

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

Well, didn’t want to get on the illegal way but think i have no alternative :P

Never saw any ads or something here in germany for that movie.

by
by
by
by
by
by