• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
realthing says

16 hours in the forum with a question, and didn’t get not even one answer.(I open a threat yesterday asking about flags, and politic logos.)

I thought that this happens just in audiojungle authors that they self promote here…. Well….. I think I have to open a ticket to the support.

Thanks anyway

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

You probably didn’t get an answer because no-one really knows the answer.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

When it comes to the use of trademarks or logos, it is something that is up to the author to research and see what their usage license allows.

As it says in the Knowledgebase:

To be able to use any asset that you didn’t create, you must have the appropriate license, including for use in previews. Remember, it’s the responsibility of the author to verify the copyright of assets used.
337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

You probably didn’t get an answer because no-one really knows the answer.

Well Felt… probably you are right. I hope I didn’t sound nasty.

337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

When it comes to the use of trademarks or logos, it is something that is up to the author to research and see what their usage license allows.

Well yes that is true….its up to me…. I have to know this things…... the problem is that the reviewer is the one who decide what is soft rejected and what not (because the file contains assets that you are not allowed to use )......so…. I think that envato has to know what is forbidden and what not.

Anyway I upload without logos…so I hope everything is OK. And thanks for the answer this time .

To be able to use any asset that you didn’t create, you must have the appropriate license, including for use in previews. Remember, it’s the responsibility of the author to verify the copyright of assets used.
337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Well yes that is true….its up to me…. I have to know this things…... the problem is that the reviewer is the one who decide what is soft rejected and what not (because the file contains assets that you are not allowed to use )......so…. I think that envato has to know what is forbidden and what not also.

Anyway I upload without logos…so I hope everything is OK. And thanks for the answer this time .

824 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

Yes, the reviewers do check to see if there are any copyrighted or trademarked content within project files. However, the responsibility ultimately falls on the author. If a reviewer accidentally misses something that isn’t licensed properly, the author is liable and held accountable for the transgression.

It’s always best to create your own content from scratch. If there is every ANY doubt to whether or not an asset is legal, the best practice is to simply not use that asset.

337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Yes, the reviewers do check to see if there are any copyrighted or trademarked content within project files. However, the responsibility ultimately falls on the author. If a reviewer accidentally misses something that isn’t licensed properly, the author is liable and held accountable for the transgression. It’s always best to create your own content from scratch. If there is every ANY doubt to whether or not an asset is legal, the best practice is to simply not use that asset.

Thanks MotionRevolver Thats really a clear answer that i was looking for. Thanks again.

by
by
by
by
by
by