• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

Lot of hours spent for nothing… :crying: I can’t believe it. So, what are the new features of WP 3.6?

990 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

And I have ready theme which was waiting just for 3.6 as I wanted to use new Post Formats :/ and do not bloat the code with backward compatibility meta boxes… I’m so disappointed

127 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
Veuse says

And I have ready theme which was waiting just for 3.6 as I wanted to use new Post Formats :/ and do not bloat the code with backward compatibility meta boxes… I’m so disappointed

A plugin with all the new UI is being released, so you can simply ship the plugin with the theme…

1865 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Well good news for us. I was looking at the new UI, but it was just a mess without defining some standards. Some of the post formats must be entered into the post editor, but other formats just reveals kind of writepanels. That was almost unusable :)

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
pixelentity says

can’t really say i’m disappointed, i found the new pf ui kinda confusing

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

A plugin with all the new UI is being released, so you can simply ship the plugin with the theme…
That’s a step in the right direction but the whole point was for post format structure to be standardized. If it’s shipped as an optional plugin instead it misses the point.
1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

That’s a step in the right direction but the whole point was for post format structure to be standardized. If it’s shipped as an optional plugin instead it misses the point.

That’s just for this release, once the UI and everything is finalized it will be put back into core.

127 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
Veuse says

That’s just for this release, once the UI and everything is finalized it will be put back into core.

Yes, but I don’t think they have planned this for 3.7 yet.

Like many others, I found the UI pretty confusing. Also, I think there are far to many post formats. I would also like to have the ability to turn off some of the formats. Why would I need “Aside-format” for my portfolio-posts anyway?

557 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
Pirenko says
Like many others, I found the UI pretty confusing. Also, I think there are far to many post formats. I would also like to have the ability to turn off some of the formats. Why would I need “Aside-format” for my portfolio-posts anyway?
Actually you can already decide what post formats you want to add support. So you can turn on/off whatever you formats you want. More info here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats
Anyway, once again, the big problem is that they look incomplete and this leads to a non standardization of treatment and implementation across different themes.
127 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
Veuse says

Actually you can already decide what post formats you want to add support. So you can turn on/off whatever you formats you want. More info here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats
Anyway, once again, the big problem is that they look incomplete and this leads to a non standardization of treatment and implementation across different themes.
You could not select which formats to enable in 3.6 beta. I am aware that you can in older versions.
by
by
by
by
by
by