5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
StephanRender says

why can’t noone make a wp them that fits my needs?

on the very top with no menu or wasted space for logo etc …: top full width slider with swiping option … (landscaoe and portraits side by side without any gap) and captions.

below (middle): page content lke recent posts etc … no wasted space with useless “what we do” or “who we are” icons …

menu: on the left or right of the page content -> free space that should be used cause all monitoring is 16:9!!!

logo: on the left or right

pages to showcase your projects: ... with the same slider (but higher) as on the homepage .. to showcase your work in a horizontally way -> that is very imorptant for creatives like photographers …. below that the project-description …

kind regards!

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Why do you want to fill up all the white space? :D

5 posts
StephanRender says

no this is what I dont wanna do :P need a working portfolio that shows my projects in a style that acquires clients .. and whreres the white in all that grid styled themes .. ;)

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

It sounds like you know exactly what you need, have you though about hiring a Freelancer to create a custom theme for you?

3858 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I am sure you can find many people on here who could build exactly what you want if you are willing to pay them.

This is a marketplace so they have to add in as many features and options as possible to make it appeal to the broadest audience. What you are asking for sounds quite specific and limited.

Are you sure there is nothing like that on here? It does not sound especially far fetched and the files you see here are meant as building blocks and quick start opportunities rather than bespoke finished products

5 posts
StephanRender says

It sounds like you know exactly what you need, have you though about hiring a Freelancer to create a custom theme for you?

yes definitly thought about that … i’d tried to get some interrested ones that live in my surrounding … but fail…

I’m not familiar with that hiring/request procedere here … ? so I’d love to receive some offers (if that’s the common way …) and: I really don’t care about having an unique theme … modifiing an existing one would be fair enought …

5 posts
StephanRender says

I am sure you can find many people on here who could build exactly what you want if you are willing to pay them.

yes definitly! as I replied to “TommusRhodus”
yes definitly thought about that … i’d tried to get some interrested ones that live in my surrounding … but fail… I’m not familiar with that hiring/request procedere here … ? so I’d love to receive some offers (if that’s the common way …) and: I really don’t care about having an unique theme … modifiing an existing one would be fair enought …

This is a marketplace so they have to add in as many features and options as possible to make it appeal to the broadest audience. What you are asking for sounds quite specific and limited.

Are you sure there is nothing like that on here? It does not sound especially far fetched and the files you see here are meant as building blocks and quick start opportunities rather than bespoke finished products

jap I sure … and I’m wondering?

3858 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

If you create a thread on here requesting help with a “custom build” and explain (as you have above) as clearly as possible exactly what you want, that it can be unique or a modification of a different theme etc and any other details you feel would be useful then people will reply and you can negotiate prices and discuss budgets and time frames etc privately.

Do not forget to add your email as because you are not an author people will not be able to contact you through your profile here.

Good luck with your project

P.s. If Tommus (above thread) is available his work is very strong

5 posts
StephanRender says

If you create a thread on here requesting help with a “custom build” and explain (as you have above) as clearly as possible exactly what you want, that it can be unique or a modification of a different theme etc and any other details you feel would be useful then people will reply and you can negotiate prices and discuss budgets and time frames etc privately.

Do not forget to add your email as because you are not an author people will not be able to contact you through your profile here.

Good luck with your project

ok! thx so much for the help and the hint :)

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Thanks! :) Always great to hear!

I’m afraid I’m too busy to offer myself at the moment, working on some more beautiful things for the forest.

If you do want to try get some quotes I’d recommend simply starting a new thread in the Item Requests section stating that your ‘Looking for Custom Work’ or similar.

You’ll get some great people respond with genuinely great reputations for customisations around here (webdesignerart).

Tom

by
by
by
by
by
by