616 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

I think the best thing you can do is to take the time to develop your first Wordpress theme with care and future minded. In that way you can create your own framework which everytime gets more options and you easily can create new themes on it.

But for that you’ll need either own programming skills or maybe theme up.

Maybe you should consider yourself 3 options:

1. If you want to keep being busy with your creative side: find a developer and teamup. Things will also work faster that way because designing and building everything yourself will take a lot more time.

2. If you do want to dive more into programming: Go ahead and develop your own theme without a framework, which could pay off long term.

3. Keep more designing but want also to build the theme yourself: find a good framework to keep the programming as little as possible.

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
Monsterzilla says

I think the best thing you can do is to take the time to develop your first Wordpress theme with care and future minded. In that way you can create your own framework which everytime gets more options and you easily can create new themes on it.

But for that you’ll need either own programming skills or maybe theme up.

Maybe you should consider yourself 3 options:

1. If you want to keep being busy with your creative side: find a developer and teamup. Things will also work faster that way because designing and building everything yourself will take a lot more time.

2. If you do want to dive more into programming: Go ahead and develop your own theme without a framework, which could pay off long term.

3. Keep more designing but want also to build the theme yourself: find a good framework to keep the programming as little as possible.

thanks dude, yes I’ll consider that, thanks for the advice.

127 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
Veuse says

best bet is partner with a developer

but you can use any framework that has the proper licensing, most are GPL just depends.

as for which is the best it really depends on what you want to do, personally I think its best to develop your own 100% from scratch because youll need/want to provide some level of support for your themes and youll want full understanding of all the code
thanks dude, definitely like you said, I’ve heard from various popular framework, for example fundation, Bootstrap, Skeleton, I can take some of these framework and based on that start and develop my own framework?
Those are css frameworks. Use them to develop html templates.

Actually, there are wp-themes based on both bootstrap and foundation css-framework. I have now idea how good they are.

http://320press.com/wp-foundation/ http://320press.com/wpbs/
by
by
by
by
by
by