353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

Use Nivo Slider for an Awesome Wordpress Slider

I have been looking at trying this out on a local wordpress setup, can someone explain to me how to create post thumbnails? i really don’t understand them and need help. I downloaded the example demo in this tutorial and it needs them set up and I have no idea what to do?

Al

2468 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

What part of the post thumbnails is unclear?

Note that starting with WP 3 .0, they’re called Featured Image in the backend :)

353 posts
al_m473 says

so to create them, do i create a post and add the image as a featured image? I am using WP 3 .0.1 so will give that a try

Al

2468 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Yes, but first they must be enabled through functions.php, just like in the tutorial you pointed out :)

353 posts
al_m473 says

got it figured out

as was mentioned, the featured image is used in 3.0.1, functions.php needs to be setup for it, then all I did was to add a featured image to a post, content in this case is displayed as the image caption

now works like a charm, anyone posting information about WP should not assume that us noobies have any idea of what you are talking about if you do not explain what to do, and point out differences between WP levels, if possible. especially now that we are using WP 3 .0.1

Al

p.s. one of the things that really throws you off is that they are called thumbnails, slider images are not usually small images so that seem weird to use a thumbnail as an image for a slider

by
by
by
by
by
by