34 posts FourGrafx
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
4GraFx says

Hi,

We have our item rejected because of a reason that i quite not understand. Our HTML theme (TouchM – http://themeforest.net/ ) have been around for 2 months now and got some good sales. In the mean time we build the WP version and we launched today but we got a Soft Reject with this message.

Unfortunately your submission TouchM Responsive WooCommerce Premium Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept this file as it’s too conceptually similar to other files on the marketplace. We have a lot of similar files and so you need to work on making this file more unique by utilizing different fonts, styles and tweaking the general layout in order to make it more original.

Try to make your item’s design more unique. Attention to detail and unique graphic styles will help increase your item’s design value and increase its ability to be approved. A unique design will be always a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

We reached a point of saturation of minimal themes/templates. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design concept; for another one to be approved it would have to have some unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

I’m sorry but i don’t really understand how can a template that was posted 2 months ago and have good sales can be rejected base on the “uniqueness” missing. The template was build with a very big attention to details, included a lot of features and make it unique as possible (check the main menu on mobile version). Beside all this, the design was already approved whit the HTML version and now we should change it?

Here is the link for WP version: http://touchm.weblusive.com/

Can anyone please explain or give me some details and make this a bit more clear to me since i really don’t understand.

Thank you guys.

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
level10 says

I’m right there with you. I’ve had a theme rejected 3 times. The second time, they threw out the “not unique” (why not the first time?), as well as that it is “plain” and “lacked imagination”....even though I’ve gotten much positive feedback from many places, including the forum here.

Especially for me, being new to the marketplace, you think they’d be a little more helpful. Good luck.

2248 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
manuelvega says

i get same rejection with my latest item is getting more and more strict but maybe its a reviewer mistake i dont know wait for other suggestions ..

34 posts FourGrafx
+5 more
4GraFx says

“Glad” to see i’m not the only one. Unfortunately we still not have an explanation to the term “uniqueness”. I mean we have this:

TouchHTML with over 425 sales, TouchM Drupal version with over 180 sales and now when the WP should be up we get the response that is not having “uniqueness”. With clients asking me over the last month about the launch of the WP version i find myself in a very bad situation telling them the guys that is not going to happen. Anyway i will really love some second opinion from other guys on the market about the theme and maybe i’m missing something.

Cheers guys

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

This is definitely a mistake.

Unless your wordpress version has lots of coding issues, I would submit a support ticket. This should get approved immediately.

34 posts FourGrafx
+5 more
4GraFx says
kungfu-themes says

This is definitely a mistake.

Unless your wordpress version has lots of coding issues, I would submit a support ticket. This should get approved immediately.

The theme is very clean when it comes to coding and this has nothing to do with how the theme is build. The problem is about the design. I should change some design elements like different fonts, styles and tweaking the general layout.

Anyway… i already contact support and waiting for a reply since i think a mistake was made.

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

In that case, no I would definitely say it is a mistake.

Don’t change anything and wait for your support ticket. Additionally, because you have posted it here it is likely a support member will pick this up.

Good luck.

34 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
Shorti says

Sorry but I would have to agree with the reviewer, there are too many files that have an extremely similar layout and design. Here’s a challenge for you .. don’t look at other themes on Themeforest when designing/building our own theme. Come up with your own really unique layout and style.

Not much to say here other than you need establish your own style and think of new concepts/layouts.

All the best! - Shorti

2206 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Honestly I agree with the reviewer on the rejected themes here. There is absolutely no uniqueness i see the same over used layout the same slider than teaser boxes and so on. Try to do something different Instead of wasting time with making a PSD template before you start grab a pencil and paper and draw out your design. I do this with all my templates and i never had any problems with uniqueness when it came to reviewing.

This layout is over used run over by millions come up with your own layout or framework and stay away from this 960grid look.

Also add good features not a tonne but some that stand out and kick some ass. Animating content is always good.

Cheers

Lester

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

I see a couple of issues with the current template, mainly line-heights and spacing issues. Personally, I would say these are only minor issues since the overall design is very solid. But still, I have to agree with the reviewer on the soft-reject (and keep in mind soft-rejects mean the item is awfully close to getting accepted). Interested to see how this item turns out :)

by
by
by
by
by
by