[WP REVIEW] Are things getting strange now? Or do we miss something?

667 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
ThemeBeans
says

Also you could use .logged-in.admin-bar .header { top: 32px; } to target specific elements when theres a conflict. Just an example :)

1368 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
Smartik
says
For admin bar I agree. You must avoid any conflicts with the theme design and as other said, there too many methods to fix this. I’ll add one more:
if ( is_admin_bar_showing() ) {
    // do something
}
431 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
designova
says

Thank you all for the suggestions.

We have fixed all the issues except the ”!important” rule. The reviewer have send us a link http://css-tricks.com/when-using-important-is-the-right-choice/ to fix this. But we are not able find a better solution.

We hope someone can provide some guidelines. If Ivor / Kailoon provide a kind response, it will be very helpful to us.

Thank you everyone

Cheers! Team Designova

• Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
designova
says

“I use !important when a plugin styling is over riding my CSS (and the plugin CSS is quite specific) my thought process is that altering it in my CSS will save it being removed when the plugin is updated.”

Is there a better way to do this?

215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

2. Admin bar overlap: http://envato.d.pr/L3zZ/4FqfhLpo

If the admin bar exists, the body has the “admin-bar” class, all you have to do is create a new css rule,

.admin-bar > .my-menu-patch.fixed { top:32px; }

222 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
+7 more
-ACODA-
says

Thank you all for the suggestions.

We have fixed all the issues except the ”!important” rule. The reviewer have send us a link http://css-tricks.com/when-using-important-is-the-right-choice/ to fix this. But we are not able find a better solution.

We hope someone can provide some guidelines. If Ivor / Kailoon provide a kind response, it will be very helpful to us.

Thank you everyone

Cheers! Team Designova

I’m interested to know what the outcome of this is too!

Reading that article, it suggests that it’s okay to use the !important rule on specific elements you want to stay rigid. e.g.

BAD USE a { color:#333 !important; }

GOOD USE .my-element a {color:#333 !important;}

93 posts MeanThemes
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Item
  • Author Level 8
+9 more
meanthemes
says

If a plugin is causing an issue, you can always use…

body .pluginclass { color: red; }

That is usually a simple way of removing the need for an !important.

• Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
designova
says

If a plugin is causing an issue, you can always use… body .pluginclass { color: red; } That is usually a simple way of removing the need for an !important.

Yep that’s okay. But some JS plugins generate CSS on run-time. In order to over-ride these styles ’!important’ comes handy, isn’t it allowed? This brings some confusion now.

• Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
designova
says

We removed most of the !important rules and now the theme has been approved :) thank you everyone for your response on this thread. Thank you so much Ivor and review team.

93 posts MeanThemes
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Item
  • Author Level 8
+9 more
meanthemes
says

We removed most of the !important rules and now the theme has been approved :) thank you everyone for your response on this thread. Thank you so much Ivor and review team.

Congrats, glad you got it sorted :)

by
by
by
by
by
by