492 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

So, the solution we always used (and some other authors too) now seems to be no longer accepted by reviewers.

Result is, our latest theme got rejected due the above. Which is, frankly, quite shocking to me because that code only applies to our custom blocklevel shortcodes, doesn’t interfere in any way with the way wp works and just ignores any other native / 3rd party plugin defined shortcode.

So, should we assume that from now on, anything applied to “the_content” filter will just be rejected regardless its purpose ?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ashleeeeek says

@ Smuliii Thanks a lot Smuliii.. I’m not a PHP-addict, does it only need to paste the code in the end of functions.php? Or how?
Yep, and of course you want to change the shortcodes.

Hi Smuliii,

Could you post the code we need to place into functions.php to make this work? I’m not sure of the shortcodes I need to include.

Thanks, Ash

624 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

So, the solution we always used (and some other authors too) now seems to be no longer accepted by reviewers.

Result is, our latest theme got rejected due the above. Which is, frankly, quite shocking to me because that code only applies to our custom blocklevel shortcodes, doesn’t interfere in any way with the way wp works and just ignores any other native / 3rd party plugin defined shortcode.

So, should we assume that from now on, anything applied to “the_content” filter will just be rejected regardless its purpose ?

Only reason i’ve heard that themes got rejected is because they’d removed the filter and added it back at some point.

But – besides that, i don’t get why everyone is creating all those functions.

Put in just 1 line:

add_filter('the_content', 'do_shortcode', 7);

And all the mess is gone.

by
by
by
by
by
by