3568 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Even if you don’t replace strings in serialized data, they will still not import. So if you set up a separate “import wp install” and don’t touch the .xml file at all, you still won’t be able to import the serialized data (not without extra code of course).
why not ?

I don’t know, i’m not that smart. I just know this from practice. Even if i do a total database import by the book the serialized data doesn’t show up in the other install.. I’ve used serialized data for sliders in the past and they did not import properly no matter what. Not with backup plugins, not with db movement, not with import files, not with anything..

495 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I don’t know, i’m not that smart. I just know this from practice. Even if i do a total database import by the book the serialized data doesn’t show up in the other install.. I’ve used serialized data for sliders in the past and they did not import properly no matter what. Not with backup plugins, not with db movement, not with import files, not with anything..

That can happen if you have newlines in the serialized data but, in general, it’s imported just fine. And you can fix the newlines issue when saving your custom meta.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
projectpaul says

I need help setting up dummy content for this theme. Can someone please help me?

by
by
by
by
by
by