353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

I have only ever purchased HTML themes on TF and am just getting into wordpress.

from my little understanding of wp, a lot of content for the theme is stored in the databse not in php files that I get with the theme I am using.

are the post and pages included when you buy a WP theme or is it pretty barebones? no posts/pages/etc or do I misunderstand how WP themes are sold? the themes look pretty good as displayed on TF but if I buy a WP theme, would my purchase look the same?

Al

2468 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Hi Al,

In WordPress, just as with any CMS , content is separated from presentation.

Meaning you purchase the design (WordPress theme) from a marketplace like ThemeForest, add it to your WP installation, and then need to add content (write posts/pages) from the WP admin.

The themes you see here don’t come with content (well, most of them don’t) – you’ll need to add that yourself. There are, indeed, themes that have a one-click-auto-install option that adds filler content so you have something to start with.

Here are some resources for you to get a better understanding of how it works.

Have fun! :)

218 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+4 more
simonbouchard says

I always provide a XML file that is filled up with dummy contents. This file can be easily imported into your WordPress installation.

353 posts
al_m473 says

thanks LayeredPixels, just googled this backup of posts issue and saw that it is an option in Tools and an XML file is created.

if you do that, perhaps I will buy one of your designs which is available both as an HTML theme and a WP theme, just to see how you set things up and convert from one to the other. just starting out with this WP stuff and lots to learn…

Al

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Hey I have dummy content too! :) haha

353 posts
al_m473 says

ok great Dany, want what I buy to resemble what I see on TF for sale board

will look at an HTMl and WP theme from you as well

am going to wait and see what is in birthday bundle tho, if I was buying it for the design, that is one thing, I want to buy them for the code design, not the look

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by