666 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

MarkDijkstra, I agree. My reviewer clearly said: “the design needs overall, general improvements”.

There are obvious problems with typography and paddings. (JamiGibbs, great thanks) But it’s minor, comparing the words “the design needs overall, general improvements”.

Maybe it is too colorful and (as result) tasteless? Also one may say “there will be no design left if You turn off background”… but it looks like a trend today.

Reviewers, any opinions?

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Actually, typography and padding are a very major problem and one that should be your #1 concern right now.

666 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

JamiGibbs, thank you. looks like you’re right. seems to be due to a lousy typography all the work looks unprofessional.

100 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ZefWebDesign says

I disagree I don’t the typography is a major problem. Maybe a nicer font for headings wouldn’t do any harm but the padding is ok. Maybe a few extra px here and there but nothing major.

Don’t get rid of the backgrounds they don’t make it tasteless at all.

i still think that adding options and shortcodes will improve your chances of getting approved. It definitely wont harm them.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
Well no, this is not a reason of the rejection, there are still wp themes here that dont have shortcode or an option panel
I may be wrong, but there was a topic on forum where theme was rejected because it didn’t have option panel and message was something like “the theme doesn’t provide functionality required for a premium theme”.

I cant remember, but some theme do need an option panel and some dont.

666 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

The point is it was submitted to Blog/Personal category. I did not claim it to be Portfolio or a Business theme…

536 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Croatia
+2 more
darius9000 says

looks pretty cool to me. really, don’t know why it was rejected. it looks very nice.

666 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

So, whether to change the basic background on the less colorful or leave as is?

55 posts Premium Web Developer
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themepixels says
@Dream-Theme Your theme looks also good when JS is disabled, but the dropdown does not work anymore. I’d suggest you build a with javascript enhanced css dropdown, so it works fine, with js disabled.

@mlumaad You theme fails totally if I disable JS. You should invest some time in this :)

@both: I like the designs!

Thanks Bebel for your reply. I think it’s fine with css dropdown if not working when javascript is disabled because I check some of the popular templates with high sales when you check their templates when javascript disabled, their css dropdown also are not working.

It would be great if anyone can tell us what really are the most important in a theme to get approved coz mine got rejected even if I have many features

559 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
Bebel says
@Dream-Theme Your theme looks also good when JS is disabled, but the dropdown does not work anymore. I’d suggest you build a with javascript enhanced css dropdown, so it works fine, with js disabled.

@mlumaad You theme fails totally if I disable JS. You should invest some time in this :)

@both: I like the designs!

Thanks Bebel for your reply. I think it’s fine with css dropdown if not working when javascript is disabled because I check some of the popular templates with high sales when you check their templates when javascript disabled, their css dropdown also are not working.

It would be great if anyone can tell us what really are the most important in a theme to get approved coz mine got rejected even if I have many features

As the time progresses and more and more authors come to themeforest, the quality standards get higher. Its not only a question of beauty, but also functionality. If something is doable without javascript, it should be done. If something can work without javascript, it should work. Menus are a basic functionality. Sliders aren’t. To fix your slider problem, just hide every image that’s not the first one with css. You can check out my themes, if you want to know how :) To fix the menu, google “css based dropdown menu” and you’ll find the solution.

Saying “but others do it the same way” is never good.

by
by
by
by
by
by